Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

Another side to the story - Not stupid and not in denial

Posted: Nov 11th, 2017 - 12:00 pm In Reply to: I think it is a mixture of stupidity and denial. - They buy into the schools balony

I'd be careful about calling people stupid. As far as research, I doubt if many people have ever heard of MT Stars and probably wouldn't come here for advice unless they were guided here by someone else. You've obviously never picked strawberries if you think it's a step up from MT. It's really the recruiters from the schools that steer people into MT and for someone who works in retail, fast food or one of the other service industries with crappy hours and minimum wage, MT may look like a valid career path, working at home appeals to a lot of people and some people do only need supplemental income. There is still money to be made with the right employer if you contract to do IME exams or are lucky to get a local account. It takes some experience, but some facilities still hire QA staff and per diem or part-time transcriptionists. Learning the terminology and the skill is not a bad thing, there is nothing that says anyone has to remain in MT after they try it. It's a matter of personal choice, not stupidity because what works for one person might not work for everyone, we all learn from our mistakes. I've seen what MT has become and no longer actively work as an MT. I would tell anyone, especially someone young, to steer clear, but it's their choice. AHDI does not have a training program for new MTs so they would not have anything to do with influencing a person's decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)