Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 56)

I think you have been given all you are going to get - How to start looking now. sm

Posted: Nov 10th, 2017 - 3:33 pm In Reply to: TECHNOLOGY & OUTSOURCING WINS!!! - FRUSTRATED

If I were you I would forget about any loyalty to these people and move on. I know that is easier said that done, but I would try to stay away from the big companies, especially those who outsource. If you are not an IC, perhaps you should investigate that. It is not for everyone but it works for me.

I worked for 2 of the big 3 for 4 years after my account was acquired by them. From what I hear, things have gone from bad to worse. No work. At the same time of no work, there are ridiculous line count requirements, low pay, crappy benefits. They change your accounts all the time. You have to "make-up" time or lines. Audit scores of close to 100%. You are repeatedly denied time off. They have swap boards to get someone to work your hours for you. They want you to "flex" your schedule, which means be available any time there is work. They want holidays, nights, and weekends. They track your "inactive time" when your fingers are not moving on the keyboard, and actually want to lower your pay for a certain percentage of reports sent to QA. Avoid these people at all costs.

I had 25 years experience. Applied for job after job. What I finally ended up doing was putting my resume on this board. I was looking for work that I WANTED TO DO, not whatever was offered to me. I made my specialty of expertise stand out, what I was most experienced in, and what I loved to do. I got a lot of contacts for "temporary work," or "catch us up" type offers, or "part-time, may turn into full time." I did not want to waste my time and turned them down.

I had to leave that resume up and renew it for about 6 months. Finally, I was contacted by a small MTSO for a straight typing job as an IC to do exactly what it was I wanted to do. Pay is decent. Pick my own hours. No nights, weekends, or holidays required. No audits. Time off whenever I want with a little notice. No audits. Take as many breaks as I want. More than fair line requirements.

Here's the thing. Only the small MTSOs will use this as a means to hire people. I am with a company with only 15 people, ICs. They do not over-hire. If there is no work, they do not require any "make up." I have only run out of work once in a year. These people do not advertise because they are only looking for someone with a certain specialty and they do not want a couple hundred resumes to do through. They will have large clinic accounts of say cardiology, orthopedic, or neurology, etc. Not as large as a hospital, but enough work to keep 10-15 people busy. I know this sounds "old school" like the way things used to be done, but I love my job again and wish I had done this much sooner. There are many accounts out there, straight typing, where physicians refuse to use the point and click, or VR. They are hard to find and it will take some time, but put that resume up and wait and wait until who you are looking for contacts you.

I have been in your shoes and I know how you feel. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me. This is only a suggestion for you. I do hope you find something fulfilling with some long-term security. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)