Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Fairness of pay - hobbyhorse

Posted: Nov 4th, 2017 - 8:16 pm

Just my 2 cents here.  So many variables on compensation...  

1.  Everyone has different internet download and upload speeds, so one person may have 50/50 or more and another as low as 3/2. So it is slower to get on the system, reading emails, and the downloading/uploading of the dictation/document for the slower speed connections.

2.  Some accounts, one had to enter the demographics.  Others were prepopulated, but no differential there.

2.  Unless everyone is timed on same dictation/dictator, it is not a fair comparison.

3.  Unless everyone also has the same QA for that same dictation, that can be different too as I noted a definite difference from American QA to Indian QA. 

4.  Some people penalized for blanks that are obvious blanks, (i.e. physician says "leave it blank" and some dictations went to automatic review for certain accounts.  This does not seem like the QC% was fair for everyone all the time.

Third shift versus other shifts.  I personally found that most of the worst dictators were at night/holidays/weekends.  (maybe that was what was left over from the cherry picking, don't know).

I had been told at one time that they were "working" on compensating for difficult dictators.  In the 7 years there, never happened.   

Overall, my assessment of the grid... it would be a nice goal, but not sure it has worked out consistently and fairly for all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)