Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well, how about speeding up and planning on saving - the extra earnings for something

Posted: Nov 4th, 2017 - 5:06 pm In Reply to: to motivation - dontcare

special once you're done?

It's good that you are in love with your future life, but for now your problem is in your head, and you have a lot of hours left to hopefully not plod unhappily through. So you already know your problem. Fix your head. Frankly, as someone who'd going to be working until the work disappears or I drop dead, and now knowing your only problem is not wanting to work, I don't feel all that sorry for you.

Could shifting focus to saving for something in that future life work? As your savings built very satisfyingly you might even find yourself worrying that you'll stop working before you have enough put away for the cruise or rug you have your eye on, even happily working an extra half hour a day or something. :)

Maybe you can come up with something other than money, patient wellbeing or quality of work not related to patient wellbeing that excites you to make your new pre-retirement goal. Religion? Produce for God?

For me by far the most motivating would probably just be plain old filthy lucre, tap into my deep-seated venality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)