Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

UE payment query - hobbyhorse

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2017 - 1:26 pm

I received my 1st and only UE check today, 11/03/2017.  I filed 09/12/2017.  For a whopping $259.00.  Just curious if other people who filed UE received the same amount for this amount of time.   

For future UEs, for your sake, hit the pavement ASAP after layoff, file UE quickly and before you sign off on a severance, outweigh that amount against how much you would receive in unemployment per week.  Again, UE calculates the severance against you for the amount of time the employer states it was for, not the amount (in my case 4 weeks).  So, if the severance says 4 weeks, then for 4 weeks you will be denied UE. I did not realize this and accepted the severance package.  However, don't count on the UE quickly, at least in my state, so if you have to have something, then I guess you are stuck.

UE is a full-time job applying for it and the benefits are slow. I do not know many people who can pay their bills with 259 bucks for @2 months.   

The layoff was a blessing in disguise, just had to get through the "grief of what-the-heck-am-I-going-to-do-now" (after 28 years in the profession) period, then the survival mode, then the multiple rejections phase, to finally getting a job. 

No groceries bought for a month and a half, but I cleaned out my pantry and freezer in doing so :)  Did not realize how much I actually had on hand.  Peanut butter goes a long way too.  The blessing is that I am going to have free schooling, which I could never have afforded.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)