Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

Editing sucks - MTfor years

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2017 - 11:13 am In Reply to: New to Voice Recognition - romiha

The particular program I work on is like M*Modal but modified. I hate the heading set-up. ALT-N to get the list of drop-down choices. I have macros in my expander that I used to use for headings and quickly.

We experience at least a 50% pay cut from typing reports to editing. It takes longer to edit terribly translated reports and, in my opinion, there is too much busy work with the hands to bounce around with the cursor following the text waiting to insert it with the next error. I type close to 100 wpm and editing is not a fast money-maker for me.

It might have been a good alternative for us but that is based on the fairy-land world that all doctors will dictate perfectly and punctuate, spell words and dictate in a quiet room and focus on what they are doing. Fat chance. The MTSOs are too afraid to give negative feedback to particular doctors and therefore we are stuck at earning terrible wages and expectations are sky high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)