Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

IC taxes - IC

Posted: Oct 31st, 2017 - 12:44 pm In Reply to: Sorry - There are deductions as IC - LinK

With the deductions for business expenses for use of the home as well as the software, equipment, furniture, etc., and also individual retirement account contributions which hopefully many people make, a low percentage is owed in taxes. Of the self-employment taxes which cover the FICA amount for Medicare and Social Security, half is subtracted from adjusted gross income on Form 1040. Cost of any tax software is a deduction which may be allocated between business income and other income. I prepare my federal return with the software and then complete the state return on my state website. If you have another job as an employee, or your spouse is employed, federal and state taxes can be withheld by that employer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)