Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Open Source Investigating - Fascinated

Posted: Oct 30th, 2017 - 2:52 pm In Reply to: A little more on the social media/open source investigation - field.

Hi,

I think this is a very fascinating field. For over 30 years, I was a medical transcriptionist. When I was 50, I started college. At 59, I'm 11 months away from completing my doctorate in management with an IT focus.

During my educational pursuit, I've learned a bit about your topic. Open source investigation is a good thing. I work for a Fortune top 10 company now. When I was hired, I went through a serious background check. I had to produce W2s all the way back to 1999. They called my university to verify my degrees and checked every minute detail. It was stressful to go through, but I'm glad to know everyone I work with has to go through the same thing. It makes me feel safer at work. We also have to undergo annual felony checks to see if we have committed a felony in the past year.

I wish you a lot of luck with your new pursuit. I'd like to hear more about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)