Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 33)

NNAL - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Oct 28th, 2017 - 8:30 pm In Reply to: Backwoods Typist - NNAL

Dont be discouraged. I was discouraged after being fired. I am mid 30s and, believe me, age discrimination DEFINITELY is a thing. I was unemployed for 3 months on UI. I put in SOOO many job applications with no response or a response that they filled the position. Even at my young age, I had a hard time finding another job. I applied for anything I thought I qualified for.

Make use of your local employment commission (VEC here in Virginia). They will help you with your resume, have information on classes you can go to for free to learn new skills, and most will likely have a Workforce Connection of sorts that will send information about job fairs and such. Put yourself out there and be persistent. It was hard after working at home to really get out, but after awhile I wondered why I had not done it sooner. I understand that there are some that absolutely cannot leave home (health issues, taking care of aging parents, what have you), but the writing is on the wall. Start working on your backup plan now so that when the axe falls on you, you can move on without the worry.

Other thoughts include local temp agencies, RatRaceRebellion.com, Monster.com, Indeed.com, and WAHM.com. As always, do your own research about any offer you get from a company. Good luck to you, NNAL, and anybody else that is stuck in the horrible hell that is MT. You all deserve much better than what you have now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)