Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

IMEDX ........SO GLAD - JANNIE PORTER

Posted: Oct 25th, 2017 - 10:22 pm

NOT giving a nickname cause I don't care if they know me....here is my story. 

First, I AM DOING GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT now that I am long gone from this company as of Sept 5.  After 25 years plus with about 3 companies (one was in a hospital) I settled working for the best company ever TRANSTECH MEDICAL...ahhh those were the days of high pay, really nice superviors and fantastic owners.  BUT then the big bad wolf IMEDX...(scary  music here) took over and people left and we were left with some good supervisors then things got rearranged, pay got worse cause the account I was promised to stay on from TTM was taken away from me when Amphion came on board....quota went up and up and then I had to go to IC, never got benefits, got talked to so sweet until it was time to scold, then the day I quit, 2 supervisors left from TTM told me good bye and were really sweet, one lady from payroll who I don't even know told me bye, and my supervisor didn't say bye, have a nice life, kiss my ass, nothing but a formal letter going out to all the uppity ups saying I had given notice.  Supervisor is Lynda something or another, I already forgot her name, haha and account.

25 plus years of being a very good MT and thinking I would retire from this one day to leaving without an appreciation from the company I was working for. 

I left for the public school system.  Yeah, I have a BA, (dont have to though) but helps get more pay and so does an associate to get better pay, and I AM NOT A TEACHER, but I signed up to sub as my last pay check for IMEDX was 15.00, yes 15.00! and the day I got that, my subbing pay was 1200 gross for subbing for 15 days and from that, I got a full time (30 hours a week) classified sub job with full benefits making 2200 gross pay....with potention to go up to just short of 3000.00 gross.  Check your school system out, its not just a few aide jobs anymore, its lots of different positions and if you sub full time which most school districts you can, if they like you, you are in and get state benefits. Ask questions, ask questions, people are always needed. I live in Oregon, helps to have a degree only for pay, I had only subbed 2 days in my entire 25 years of MT work, so not a lot of experience BUT what got me the job is I raised a strong willed child and was older and knew what to do with problem kids. I work in a specail class.  My daughter lives in Warshington state, she has 3 kids (twins age 5 and a 2-1/2 old). She is working at the Ymca right now with kids so she can take her kids with her but starts subbing when youngest gets in pre-K.  Make a good resume, talk yourself up.  MT work for this company drags your confidence level down. Im 61 and I let them know I CAN do the job cause I raised 3 kids as a single mom. :)

GET OUT now of this dead end job!  You can make it happen. I had to work 4 hours in a.m. and then go to work at the school for a while and I was dead tired and I know some of you have kids, and all kinds of situations but there is help out there and you can do it, we are STRONG women, we have to be, and leave these stinkin companies in the dust. I have RA and Im so tired at the end of the day I nearly collapse (at first, haha) but so much better than stress and worry and being treated awful by some stingy greedy company.

I come home now and chillax, I get summers off, wow, I didn't even get on this computer for 2 weeks almost I was so sick of being on it and worrying about money.  Just take care of yourselves ladies, find a way and your life will be tons less stressful.  If  you are older, trust me PEOPLE WANT to hire you, just got to sell yourself.

Jannie

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)