Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well, lawsuits don't move at the speed of NotPetya. - And there would certainly be no

Posted: Oct 25th, 2017 - 5:25 pm In Reply to: Worst case actually... - MT

surprise factor to it. I really don't think anyone should worry about that, MT. One thing we can be very sure of is that it would not mimic what we went through last June.

Notably, NTS is a small, unimportant, unbragged-about part of Nuance, not even mentioned on the main website. Nuance develops leading edge AI systems in an explosively advancing field that is rocking the planet. I have no info and am just blowing off words, but I'd be more inclined to wonder about Nuance finally dumping this division, but even then I assume it'd be sold as a working profit center.

Of course the real threat to our jobs is that the jaw-dropping AI capabilities already developed will send all or virtually all our jobs permanently the way of ice cutting and file clerking. Our replacements will be powerfully knowledgeable research and analytical assistants the physicians hold in their hands. And when that happens I'm guessing it is likely to happen very fast. I live in a rural area, and looking for clues that it is happening is one of the things that occasionally brings me here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)