Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 49)

I used it; I work for Mmodal. sm - Lexi

Posted: Oct 24th, 2017 - 1:00 pm In Reply to: Satellite Internet - horselover

That's the only MTSO I work for, so I don't know about others.

I would advise that you check into cost first. I used Viastat Exede (formerly Wildblue). My service was pretty good. Weather did affect it quite a bit at times, but unpredictably so. It could be storming like crazy, and my internet would be fine. Another day, it could just sprinkle, and I'd lose my connection. They added a lot of users at one time, before they put up another satellite, and that slowed my service quite a bit for a while.

There is a data cap, which means if you go past your download/upload allowance, you either buy additional bytes, which is kind of expensive if you do it all the time, or they slow your speeds until the next billing cycle. I was unable to watch videos or listen to streaming music without going over my data cap each month.

We live in the country. My internet service alone was $130/month, standard billing. If I wanted to add phone service, it was another $20/month. We also had to have satellite TV, which was $150, and satellite speed was not enough to download pay per view movies, etc.

All that said, satellite internet served me very well with the job I have, but I was afraid of losing my job because most companies say "no satellite." It was just expensive. If you must work from home, and are just toying with the idea of country living, the technology part really is a hindrance.

Good luck. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)