Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 57)

What you say is true - Thanks

Posted: Oct 21st, 2017 - 3:16 am In Reply to: Good read - Lowering my standards

You're right. I'm not a cynical person by nature. I was just having a bad day. I DO prefer to be employed, obviously. I know I can work around people...and enjoy it, too.

What you say about DOL and not being required to take a job if it pays less, etc., is partially true, at least in my state. The policy here is that you have to lower your salary expectations incrementally every week. In other words, say your old job paid $10/hour on average. If you can't find work by, say, the 3rd week, you're required to lower your standard by 10%, and so forth. By the 12th week, you have to be willing to accept 60% of what you were earning before. My state offers UE for only 14 weeks, so exhaustion of benefits doesn't take that long. If you accept 60% of your earlier income, I'm sure they supplement it to make up the difference, but this is only as long as you're eligible for benefits. Then you'd be stuck with a pretty drastic cut.

As for the admin assistant position, I truly don't have the stamina. If I were 20, 30, or 40 years old, this would have been a fabulous opportunity, leading to lifelong employment and great benefits. I've climbed the corporate ladder more than once and found it exhilarating and remunerative but can't do it again.

Actually, I got called for another interview for Monday! The position is absolutely PERFECT for me. I'm stunned that I found the ad after an exhaustive online search.

Thanks for your positive, upbeat attitude. It was kind of a kick-in-the-pants reminder of how easy it is to wallow in the negative. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)