Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

unemployment - ras

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 4:56 pm In Reply to: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I will be praying for you. - MT

I'm in the same boat. I have 25 years experience as well. I was laid off after working for the outsource company that took over transcription services for the place I had worked for 22 years. I've gotten out of the MT industry and am going to work as a housekeeping assistant in a nursing home. It is part time but could work into full time. The administrator also said she might have work for me in the office doing scanning or other office work. I start my new position on October 26. I am also on unemployment as well but have yet to see a payment. I also applied to 7 other MT companies. Had 2 interviews (online and phone) with one and they said they didn't have work for me right now but would keep my application on file. Another company said they had filled the position already. The third I took a theory test (BRUTAL)and failed 2 attempts. The other 4 I haven't heard anything from and I'm assuming I won't. I decided it was time to do something else. There is something better out there for you. I'll be praying for you and thinking of you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)