Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Don't kid yourself. Dragon is the future - Seeing it right now

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 3:26 pm In Reply to: I'm just waiting for hospitals to start getting lawsuits - for tragedies from Dragon Medical

Dragon works in a different way than the backend transcription that we do. If doctors pay attention to how they're speaking, it comes out pretty darn close to perfect with very minimal editing required. It will also pull in lab values, orders, etc. It learns individual doctor voices a whole lot better than the back end editing and it trains and stays trained.

My hospital system went to Epic a number of years ago which cut our transcription by 70%. No one got laid off because we were able to halt all of the overflow outsourcing to Nuance. This year they introduced Dragon which is the final death knell for our department. The Nuance outage in July killed us sooner than we expected because we had to put Dragon mic's out in places that weren't expected to get them until next year.

Right now, we're being censused managed every day of the week except Mondays and Tuesdays. I had 25 hours of PTO for census management on my last paycheck.

Dragon is the wave of the future and it will be the final blow for transcriptionists. There will always be some transcription but the amount will decline over a fairly short period of time. If you have a Plan B, you should start to seriously think about activating it and if you don't have a Plan B, you really need to think about getting one in place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)