Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 55)

Unemployment is depressing anyone else going through this - MT

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 12:43 pm

In over 25 years I had never had to draw UE. Now after a lay off I have to and this was my first time reporting 2 weeks of job applications either ignored or not right.  I am applying for jobs as an MT (no response or not good enough after 25 years), or out of MT and I get an email saying, "went with other candidates." Took me 2 hours to report 2 weeks' of looking for a job and I feel really bad about myself. I have always been able to find another job. Add that to the creditors calling and the foodstamps. Find another career, you say? Not so easy when you have solid job experience without fail for 25 to 30 years.  This means I am pegged as an MT, and then that number is not good enough (they say) for those companies which are hiring. Move to go to a hospital you say. How do I do that when I can't even afford food.  Find another apartment or cut budget. How do you move when you cannot afford to and you've cut the budget until there is nothing else to cut.  I don't think the small amount UE gives me would even be worth it. I don't know. It is humiliating. And to know they are calling all these employers in the last 2 years, I see layoff, layoff, layoff. Ridiculous.  There has to be a silver lining for us all.  Anyone have one, any ideas, please let me know. And please don't say go back to school. Did that and can't find a job and have student loans to pay according to income. That was a bad idea too.  Thanks for listening. Hoping to hear something encouraging!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)