Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Response - sm

Posted: Oct 17th, 2017 - 11:22 am In Reply to: They never answer - MT

I worked for this company in the past, and I really enjoyed it. Nice platform, pay on time, good insurance, employee status, excellent QA, and I had a great account. However, I left without giving adequate notice once my assigned account was lost. Yeah, I burned that bridge. It didn't really matter to me. At the time, MTs were in demand, so I just moved on.

That said, the recruiter isn't "very picky"; he's a jerk (in my opinion). He's been there forever. He makes hiring decisions based on how much he enjoys his conversations with applicants, so, if you talk with him, be especially sweet and complimentary. Just remember that, once you get on board, you'll never have to talk to him again. He probably has hundreds of applicants at any given time, so try not to take offense if you don't hear from him. There's not a lot of turnover at this company, so he can be very selective (and arrogant).

As for date discrepancies, I can just barely paste together my resume, I've worked for so many MTSOs! Haven't most of us? On my resume, I just list all the MTSOs I can remember without including dates for each individual employer; I put these all under one heading and state that further information will be provided on request. I suppose I could go through tax records to get dates, but I'll only do this if the employer is serious and if I like what they have to offer. BTW, DOL reviewed my resume to see if I could improve it to attract potential employers, and they thought it was great. If I had listed each MTSO, I would have looked like a flake.

Regarding UE and DOL. I was laid off, too. My state also requires 3 contacts per week and thorough documentation of same. DOL does only random audits, so you may or may not be audited; their purpose is to determine if you're being truthful about your job search, not the reason you weren't hired. The employer will have a record of your having submitted a resume, but I also print off the ad so I can prove that the MTSO was advertising, and I print off my cover letter as well. Whether or not a company even considers you a candidate, they'll have a record of their receipt of your application. They could tell DOL anything they want...they don't have to justify their decision not to hire you, or they could say that they never even got around to looking at your application because they found someone else.

Good luck to you! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)