Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Please - by all means, let suspicion be your watchword. - Just got my second job...

Posted: Oct 16th, 2017 - 7:14 pm In Reply to: Very happy for you if this is a truthful post. However, forgive - sm

Let me explain, if I can.

When I read about this (here!), I never had the slightest doubt that social media investigations have enormous potential. Without the slightest effort, I could think of at least 20 ways that the ability to plumb the SM activity of individuals would be of interest to everyone from law enforcement to law firms to private industry.

My second job (which was fed to me from my first job) involved a disability claim. The employer paid $500 to find out that the forner employee had posted photos that cast her disability in serious doubt.

I spent almost 3 hours on this assignment and I might be called to testify in court, in which case I will bill the client (law firm) no less than $50/hour, and they're fine with it.

Here's really what I want to convey, which is that there's opportunity in this field. Love it or hate it, I don't personally care which. Think what you yourself have revealed about yourselves in various SM platforms, whether FB, Instagram, or whatever, and then ask why there might not be an interest by someone, sometime, in discovering that information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)