Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 51)

Work ethic today is not what it used to be. sm - VV

Posted: Oct 15th, 2017 - 10:29 am In Reply to: No. GREEDY, UNSCRUPULOUS MTSOs are why MT is where - it is today, all of us broke. SM

When I worked at Spheris, I would talk regularly with my supervisor by phone. She would tell me people would just not show up for their shift, not call or anything, just not show up. This was before India, before SR, when the money was still good. Another company I worked for would send out email after email imploring people to work, that only half the MTs were working. This was a great company to work for, ST with good benefits. This is why companies over hire because they know that some people will not work when they're supposed to. I've been an MT since 1976. Even back in the hospital there would be people working diligently and others flitting around socializing and we all got paid the same. I think that's one of the reasons they started moving towards pay per line, but then there were quality issues.
Yes, India, corporate greed, technology have all played a role in the demise of MT, but the MT also bears some of the responsibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)