Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

What would you do? - Frustrated MT

Posted: Oct 4th, 2017 - 4:08 pm

Just a couple of months ago, I started working as an IC for a company (I won't say their name for the time being) doing clinic work on a new account that they had just acquired.  It pays pretty well and I enjoy the account that I am working on.  However, I now have some MAJOR concerns regarding this company.  The first payday, I was paid on time with no issues.  However, last payday 2 weeks ago (my second paycheck from them), everyone was paid a day late and they blamed it on their payroll clerk missing the payroll deadline by about one hour.  I found that to be an unacceptable excuse as payroll is supposed to know when payroll is due and it is their job to make sure that it is submitted on time to prevent any delays in people receiving their direct deposits.  I although thought it was very unprofessional of them.  However, I kind of let it slide that time and gave them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a simple mistake/oversight and hoped that it wouldn't happen again.  And yes, my direct deposit was in my bank account the following day.  Well, fast forward to today (the next payday), once again, nobody received their direct deposits for the second payday in a row.  This time, they claimed to not know why nobody got paid, but assured us that the money had left their account and that we would definitely have it by no later than tomorrow morning, depending on our bank.  I was then directly told that they were not sure if it was a payroll issue or if it was because the client did not pay on time and I was told to plan on getting paid every other Thursday instead of every other Wednesday going forward.  This raised all kinds of red flags for me.  How could they not know what caused this to happen???  Also, do they not have reserve funds set aside to make payroll???  As I said, I really do enjoy the account that I work on and I get paid a decent line rate, but I now feel that I cannot trust this company after being paid late two pay periods in a row.  I have already talked to my boss at my previous job and she is more than happy to take me back full-time, but I'm not sure what I should do.  What would you do in this situation?  Stick it out and give them one last chance, or high tail it out of there and go back to your old job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)