Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

When will we learn that history tends to repeat. - MT

Posted: Oct 4th, 2017 - 8:33 am In Reply to: There was a serious lack - Serious

I remember, around 9/18, responding to a post by an MT who was waiting for the promised 09/18 start of the new Southern Transcription account. I advised him/her that it would likely fall through, that this has happened to many of us in other companies, and she/he might experience the same. The response was something like, "that was not the question I asked."

I know it's difficult to realize it when we're being jerked around by these companies, but this seems to be the usual way of doing business. They keep you waiting, just in case they need you, so that IF the work shows up, they have a waiting and willing work force ready to go. The first time I experienced this was early 2006 with Focus Infomatics (now Nuance?), and since then, I've recognized it when it's happening, same clues, same result. Sometimes the work shows up, sometimes it never does. Most often, it's scarce when/if it does show up.

There's something in us that makes some of us think that THIS time, it will be different, but it rarely is any different.

Except for rare exceptions, this is no longer the industry to work in if you need the money for basic expenses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)