Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

This is the info I got yesterday - spinning my wheels

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2017 - 12:35 pm In Reply to: Same for me, the people at my unemployment office SM - laid off

Like others have said it may be different in every state, as the benefits go through each state. In my particular state (Utah), I am to go to workforce services website and submit an application for training and then am assigned a caseworker. The benefits, however, do not start until regular UI runs out (26 weeks for me). You must already be enrolled in a training program. Also, you must be on the original petition's impact list, which, from my understanding, is anyone laid off from 2014 to 10/2017. The question I do have is if you have to wait for UI to run out does that put you out of the benefit period (since it expires this month). So there are still a lot of questions about how all this works and if any of us will actually benefit.

For me, I am thinking of enrolling in a nano-degree program through Udacity. Six months and you have marketable skills. The other option I have considered is a certificate program. If worse comes to worse I could easily go back to transcription, though not happily. I'm ready for a change! This profession has served me well for several years but it has been topped out or going backwards for some time now. Time to find something with an actual future!

Good luck to all of us affected by this and also those of you still hanging on!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)