Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

This is so interesting - Thanks for posting

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2017 - 6:47 am In Reply to:

Whoa. I read this and am speechless. Thank you for posting it. I was laid off my hospital job at the end of August and am collecting unemployment now while looking for work. I'm 62 now and not really looking to start a new career or anything. I applied at the local pharmacy (part of a national chain...you would recognize the name). It was just a part-time cashier/clerk position. I filled out a 6-page application online and submitted my resume. I thought I was finished, but NO. The application then continued...I had to do a grueling 2-1/2 hours of assessments. It was like the MMPI on steroids. Dozens of questions were repetitive but phrased slightly differently, and it was impossible to remember what you answered on question #10 when you were now on question #80. The results must show that I'm hopelessly schizophrenic because my answers were so inconsistent. You have no warning that 5 different assessments are coming; the progress bar pertains only to the current test. Some tests were multiple choice, but others had some fairly complex instructions. All of this screening to be a part-time cashier? The pharmacy is 1/2 mile from my house; I could ride my bicycle there every day. The job isn't rocket science. By the time I finished testing, my back ached, my vision was blurry, and I was starving. I haven't heard anything back from them...and don't expect to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)