Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My take -- - BusyIC

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2017 - 8:15 pm In Reply to: Independent contractors' invoice - Talko

I’m an IC for several different accounts. One of my accounts employs many IC’s and they have their own format/timesheet they like to use, another one has a purchase order I submit with each project. Two of my accounts accept my own invoice. In most cases, there is more than one project on the invoice and they are itemized. Two of my accounts are by the page, one by audio minute, and one by the line. It does not matter to me what their filing system is, who looks at it, how they sort it, verify it, etc. Everyone has their own way that they verify their billing. I would not get too insulted by that. It would be like you getting your credit card bill, for example. You would go over the bill and make sure that all the charges on your bill were actually made by you and that it was not a mistake or that you were not getting charged incorrectly. I think it is the same for them. Perhaps your team lead’s job is to verify each billing period the correct line counts per IC per job performed etc., making sure that their records match your records. There’s no harm in that. Mistakes happen, miscalculations happen. No one just blindly pays something without verifying it first, same as you would if you were the one paying the bill. I don’t find it an odd request at all. I certainly would not accept any payment other than my invoice, however, without a written reason why the amount they feel they owe is different than what I feel they owe. Frankly, I don’t know how many departments my invoices travel through or who verifies them or who files them, etc., and I don’t care just as long as they pay me on time and accurately. I think it’s just typical business practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)