Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

go electronic - asap

Posted: Feb 14th, 2017 - 7:56 pm In Reply to: After looking for months, I finally found another MT - job. I have no choice

Whenever you can afford it, buy the electronic versions. I have abbreviations, med-surg words, and drugs on three separate CDs, and they are somehow incorporated by LWW (parent comapany) into the Ready Reference Bookshelf. I would be lost without this application because it has a USER DICTIONARY and you can add and edit new drugs, new op instruments, etc. as they become available. My original versions are forever old, but every time I run into a new med, a new abbreviation, whatever, I can create an entry for it and edit it as necessary. It's wonderful. I have the complete set of books from back in the day when I started, but it's a lot quicker to toggle over to an on-screen application and find what you need. Google and other search engines will always have the newest stuff, so you can either write down each new word in your books, or save them in the electronic books. The CDs have all been registered and licensed through LWW, so you can call them for tech support, get the latest patch for any glitches, all that stuff. When I had trouble installing one of the CDs, they walked me through it and were really helpful, although that was quite a while ago. I should call them and find out how to back up all that info, or if they do it online. With books, at least you don't have to worry about malware and viruses. Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)