Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Our Overseas Counterparts - Agree 100 Percent

Posted: Aug 29th, 2016 - 8:01 am In Reply to: Our overseas counterparts - suffer too

I was so excited to read your comment. I always cringe when people demonize Indian transcriptionists, like they somehow are plotting against U.S. MTs. A high tide raises all boats. If their salaries increase, our salaries increase. The only thing I might disagree with is envying them. India is not like the U.S. Many of these folks work in large centers out of necessity. India is emerging economically, but it's still a pretty poor country overall. I think there is optimism for both domestic and foreign MTs in the future as the global and local economies improve. Once you get where the market needs to pay clerks at Walmart $15 an hour, MTs' pay rates will increase or those jobs will be vacant. There are already MTSOs that are chronically understaffed because people won't work for the wages they are paying. They will have to decide to either increase their rates or go out of business. I try very hard not to be bitter, but I will say that many U.S. MTSOs (not all) and healthcare facilities took advantage of the recent economic downturn and treated MTs horribly. Many MTs are biding their time until something better comes along. Those entities that mistreated their workers when times were tough will be remembered -- and not too fondly. A hero is someone who does the right thing when it's difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)