A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

stroke risk - justme

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

Dictated - "I quoted her a risk of one in 2 to 300." 

Should that be 1:200-300?

I would say 1:200 to 1:300 - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

should be 1 in 200-300 - no colon, not ratio

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

CAT Scan Showed *verner* Stroke And A Superior Cerebellar Stroke On The Left Side. Thanks. Nm
Sep 21, 2010

nm ...

Stroke
Jul 21, 2011

It sounds like fast bullet stroke or fast blunt stroke, please help. ...

VR's Had A Stroke
Feb 04, 2013

Today the doctor was listing the Impressions. When he came to about the third one, he suddenly gave a loud sneeze - "A-choo!" - and VR printed, "Possible passed stone." There was no similarity of sound at all. But it gave me a chuckle. Yesterday, a dictator said clearly, "This is a history and physical," and VR put "This is a discharge summary." At least we're needed for something. ...

Framingham Risk Score And ....
Aug 08, 2011

Framingham Risk Assessment is 5%.  Leak? criteria for risk regarding non-cardiac surgery is low at 0.9%.  Leak????  Hmmm....can't hear him.  HELP!! ...

MT Field At RISK Of Downfall...
Jan 19, 2012

This is not NEW but still needed to say... I never had an appriciation in MT field since i joined 4 years back...This sucks or i am expecting too much out of them or is it the right time to say adios to this MT. The way it is panning out, I have serious doubts about this MT field now...   ...

Dementia Risk Assessment
Jan 27, 2012

Dementia supervision risk assessment, and it sounds like he is saying Lobman or Logman for one-on-one supervision.   Thanks for any help! ...

Go To * Keyboard Stroke
May 06, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a keyboard stroke to "go to" a * in Word 2007?  For example:  Physical Exam:  Respirations *, Weight *, etc.  When you have a template or macro for the PE and you need to just go to the * and fill in............ Thanks so much! Nana ...

Stroke-like Symptom.
Aug 11, 2010

This one is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't stare at it any longer.  The patient is described as having "stroke-like symptoms with s/l 'cooping' of the left side of her face and eyes and slurred speech." ...

S/l Sicklean Stroke
Nov 29, 2011

I'm transcribing a report and it s/l sicklean/sickleanian stroke.  The patient has hemoglobin SC disease with possible OSA so I was thinking maybe he is saying sickle anemia stroke but it doesn't quite match what I am hearing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Stroke Word Help
Feb 08, 2013

There is suggestion of a s/l INFAN-TORIAL stroke and a s/l BISE-LAR distribution of the right pons.  ...

Neurologist -- Stroke
Nov 06, 2013

Deposition of a neurologist on a stroke case.  Here's the Question and Answer:       Q. But you're looking for symptoms, you're looking for condition of other vessels to see if you can find out where this is coming from, correct?  A. Well, I think that if you get an MRI scan and you see the basilar and proximal vertebral arteries, you're happy in your own mind that there is no disease in those vessels.  And that's where most of the sub ...

Stroke Term...
Oct 09, 2014

Patient was admitted for s/l "playing of her words" and left-sided weakness... I'm not familiar with the term, but fairly certain that's what he saying - help! ...

Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
Oct 13, 2010

I'm looking for what s/l "begalrithm" Risk Assessment for breast cancer. Thanks for any help!   ...

Medical Coding - Risk For Offshoring
Feb 21, 2011

I am speaking with a counselor at a community college about a medical insurance coding certificate. I am more interested in outpatient coding in an outpatient setting and earning the CPC credential for professional coders. I really do not want to work in a hospital again. From a current medical coder's perspective, is outpatient coding and CPC a good option as compared to inpatient coding? What about the job market? Is the job marketing pretty stable for outpatient coders, who are not worki ...

Ultimate Stage Stroke?
Sep 04, 2011

Can't find any good answers for this, but he says it pretty plainly.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

To Monitor Blood Flow In Bone Due To AVN Risk...
Feb 19, 2011

S/l "Bolt" monitor. We then examined the blood flow again. There was still bleeding. We documented this with photographs as well as put in the _____ monitor, which showed a slight waveform that corresponded with the patient's heartbeat. Anybody heard of it? ...

There Is No *presop* Like Nausea. There Is No History Of Stroke?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2011

nm ...

Male Patient Who Had A Stroke, Has Paresthesias (sm)
Jul 02, 2014

and doc clearly says he suffers from PCOS. Is this an abbreviation for something other than polycystic ovary syndrome that I don't know about??? Thanks so much if you can help me here! ...

Patient Had Stroke And Is Being Tested For Atrial Fib, Sm
Mar 27, 2015

Doc says s/l "numa" stroke data suggests evaluation..... ...

Sleeve S/L In-gart-ment For High Risk Activities.
Nov 03, 2009

She is at high risk for lymphedema and I recommended physical therapy referral for lymphedema management.  She will require sleeve S/L in-gart-ment for high risk activities.  She is blind and uses a seeing eye dog with her left hand. ...

Cardiology Risk Score Framingham Versus Farmington
May 16, 2012

Cardiology workup in which majorly ESL doc says, "I assessed her [then he spells it--yes, go ahead and laugh] R-F-R-M-I-N-G-T-O-N" score." So, I'm thinking it's "Farmington" or something like that but discovered a "Framingham" score for cardiology. Yet, the doc did clearly spell the T-O-N part of the word, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Farmington score for cardiology. Or anything. Anything. ...

*tyro Kusik* Risk Model For Breast Cancer
Jul 01, 2013

ss ...

Patient With Recent Stroke And Has Parkinson With Tremor..psm
Jun 24, 2011

She is using a s/l tresk/trask walker but continues to have weakness with position changes.. I'm stumped.  Thanks! ...

Chemotherapy Drug - High Risk Of Breast Cancer Recurrence
Nov 19, 2011

patient it at high risk of breast cancer recurrence and they recomend utilizing combination chem utilizing s/l dose-stensator, Adriamycin, Cytoxan.  Does anyone know what this might be? ...

*uncotidyex* Testing Shows High Risk Of Recurrent Breast Cancer. Nm
May 19, 2010

. ...

High Risk Features Include "man Ish Ee All" Positive Margins.
May 20, 2014

Squamous cell carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx.  We recommend radiation therapy due to several high-risk features, including perineural invasion, "Man ish ee all" positive margins, and lymph node involvement with extracapsular extension. ...

Her Last Pap Smear Was "active", But Negative High-risk HPV
Apr 16, 2012

Questioning the active part.  Thanks! ...

Laugh Of The Day, "risk Of Uterine Perspiration."
Nov 20, 2013

sounds like menopause madness!! ...

Post-stroke Patient Being Followed For S/l "enabolation" Management.
Apr 21, 2010

Post-stroke patient being followed for s/l "enabolation" management. ...