A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

situs inversus abdominalis - NoNo

Posted: Jan 17, 2010

I thank you for trying to help with this report:  "I am doing a lap cholecystectomy on a patient with situs inversus abdominalis and additionally complicated medical conditions including islet cell transplantation.  The surgeon is renown, ELS, and talking about identifying what the "sounds like" cholaticus."  The word was choledochus or ductus choledochus (bile duct).

[ In Reply To ..]
'sounds like.' :) I added the quotation marks to the original inquiry as an afterthought.

situs inversus or situs transversus sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
This means reversal of position or location as in situs inversus abdominis or abdominalis. Can go along with intestinal atresia or malrotation etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, termed transversus, as well. It appears to be congenital and is an enantiomorph (mirror) arrangement of the major viceral organs.

Similar Messages:

Situs Inversus Abdominalis ..
Jan 15, 2010

I am doing a lap cholecystectomy on a patient with situs inversus abdominalis and additionally complicated medical conditions including eyelet cell transplantation.  The surgeon is renowned, ELS, and talking about identifying what the "sounds like" cholaticus (cho-lit or lat-i-cus or cis). Can you help? ...