A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sinus cancer PE term s/l meadows. Or metals? - NDMT

Posted: Mar 01, 2012

Patient has cancer of several sinuses. During the PE doc says "She has s/l meadows in the lower left jaw."  Meadows?? I'm wondering if he means "metals" as he is a heavy ESL Asian doc, but that doesn't make sense either. This patient is also Asian and so I'm wondering if this is some cultural thing on the order of tattoos or lip/nose/wherever rings. Anyone have an idea? Thanks so much.

metals as in dental work? - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not very informed of Asian customs, but have never heard of meadows in a jaw.

Me either. I'm stumped. - NDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be dental work, I suppose, but I wonder what kind it would be that you could actually see it? Like gold teeth cages of something? And he says "jaw" rather than "teeth," but he might be generalizing. I suppose a possibility is it might be some kind of plate from a previous surgery, although he said past surgical history was none. I wish I could call up this patient and ask because now I'm really curious!

I know! all I can think of now is James Bonds' - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
Jaws with the heavy metal smile!!

Sometimes dental posts are anchored to the jaw, though. When in doubt, leave a blank.
LOL! Now I want to go listen to YouTube instead of typing - NDMT
[ In Reply To ..]
dum dum de dum dum dum dum dum de dum dum dum de dum DE dum dum dum de

Similar Messages:

Cancer Term Help!
Jun 28, 2012

Oncology/gyne office note dictation:  "Patient with recurrent ovarian carcinoma on s/l six line therapy."   Is anyone familiar with this term, or is he saying something else completely?  Help!   ...

Breast Cancer Term
Oct 17, 2010

... a deep lesion showed ductal carcinoma in situ, s/l fella type, with high nuclear grade and focal comedonecrosis. Any help or suggestions appreciated, thank you. ...

Cancer Term/medication
Sep 23, 2012

Gyne-oncologist dictating hx of treatment.  "She then did well but developed a relapse, was placed on s/l "olp 16" in January of 2008." ...

Cancer Term With Pregnancy
Oct 04, 2012

Gyne oncologist  "38-year-old female who presented with complaints of abdominal swelling.  She first noticed this approximately in June of this year.  She was found to have both a large ovarian mass with complex features as well as s/l "entrium" pregnancy around 20 wks."  "<s/l "entrium" pregnancy at 20 weeks and large ovarian mass measuring 20 x 12 x 33 cm." Sounds exactly the same each time.  I am well and truly baffled about this one.  Help!   ...

Mole/skin Cancer Term
Jan 25, 2010

PLEASE HELP:  History of multiple moles, moletapia??, early skin cancer.  THANK YOU! ...

Non-medical Term In Breast Cancer Note
Oct 17, 2010

She was born in France ... she is not of s/l osteanozzie Jewish background.  I am completely flummoxed and searched out.  Anyone know? Thanks. ...

Sic Sinus Or Sick Sinus Syndrome?
Nov 21, 2009

is it sic or sick sinus syndrome? HELP ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Not A Medical Term, A Descriptive Term I Think
Jun 04, 2012

In the general portion of the physical exam the blank sounds like visily. She is a happy little girl sitting in mother's lap, grinning at me, and _____ eating Cheetos. ...

ENT- Sinus H&P HELP!
Nov 12, 2010

Does anyone know what is being said in the bolded area below? I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Paranasal sinus screen was performed and she has a right maxillary retention cyst with a left maxillary air-fluid level. There is a significant right NSD related to a left contubalosa. The remainder of the sinus are unremarkable. ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

Suprasagittal Sinus?
May 26, 2010

Doing an MRI of the brain. Doc is clearly saying supra-sagittal sinus, but I cannot confirm this in my books or online.  ...

S/l Sinus Tosi. Sm
Mar 19, 2012

There are well-healed surgical incisions about the right foot and an obvious muscular graft over the s/l âsinus tosiâ. tia! ...

Neomed Sinus Rinse?
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Neomed or Neomet Sinus Rinse?  I can find NeilMed Sinus Rinse but that is not what I am hearing.  Thanks in advance for your help! ...

S/l Senechiae Formation In The Sinus?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Tarsi Syndrome
Apr 15, 2012

Hoping for a confirmation on the phrase sinus tarsi syndrome. I've used Google, searching in many different ways but still getting "sinus tarsi," but VR keeps spitting out "sinus Tarsi syndrome." I really feel that's not right, but I am always questioning it, always going back to researching it, and still getting results with the tarsi lowercased. Is it supposed to be capitalized? ...

Sinus Headache And Pressure
Jan 31, 2015

My eyes are burning, tearing and are out of focus, my cheeks and upper teeth are killing me and I have a headache at my eyebrows, but I'm still working. Anybody else work while sick just to make ends meet?? Anybody else work sick because they don't want to have to go through all we have to go through just for missing a shift? ...

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, S/l Strumpelvoss
Nov 09, 2009

Here is the sentence: "Backbiters, sidebiters, ___s/l Strumpelvoss___ and Blakesley were used to fashion an antrostomy. ...

CT Sinus Word S/l Phobia Ethmoidalis
Jul 14, 2010

I have searched my book and internet and nothing on this word.  Please help!!! ...

Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus, Or Does It Matter?
Apr 15, 2011

NM ...

Pyriform Or Piriform Sinus, Which Is Preferred?
Apr 03, 2012

thanks in advance ...

Pilonidal Sinus Excision - Flaps
Jun 13, 2014

Patient had a second pilonidal sinus excision.  In two separate dictations, doctor referred to excision as including (what sounds like) caradaculous flaps.  I've done several searches with various spellings of this word to no avail.  Any idea what the proper spelling should be?  Thanks so much for your help!  ...

Laboratory Work Showed An EKG With Sinus Tachycardia
Jan 27, 2010

CHART NOTE Laboratory work showed an EKG with sinus tachycardia, 15.7 white count, and hemoglobin 17.8.  Can somebody tell me if this is punctuated right?  ...

Is It Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus On Hopkins Rod Exam?
Jul 01, 2010

:) ...

Surgical Tool For Sinus S/l Curved Giraffe
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

Sinus Surgery S/l Right Angle Seeker Or Sinker?
Aug 18, 2011

whew ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

There Is No Evidence Of Sagittal Sinus Thrombosis Or Seizure *regenic* Focus. Nm
Oct 17, 2009

nm ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

CT Scan Sinus-s/l "bione Descendings"
Jan 19, 2012

Axial and coronal images of the paranasal sinuses were reviewed without contrast.  ___ were used which does not provide soft tissue details of the orbital and intracranial cavity or neck.?? ...