A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

shoulder arthroscopy, need word! - gringa

Posted: Jan 10, 2011

working on report on shoulder arthroscopy, and I hear this:   There was a small amount of FRAIN? at the superior aspect of the glenoid labrum at the origin of the biceps tendon. 

fraying nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

shoulder arthroscopy, need word! - gringa

[ In Reply To ..]
omg. talk about dropping the -ing endings. Many thanks!

word - msortiz

[ In Reply To ..]
its not pain?

not in a surgical procedure - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The surgeon would not discover pain, which is a subjective finding, during a surgical procedure.

It would be fraying - an objective finding that would be seen on scoping.

Similar Messages:

Shoulder Arthroscopy - Sm
Oct 17, 2010

This is what she says:  INSTRUMENTS USED:  A Stryker 5.0 BioZip anchor with a #2 Force Fiber x2, and a PEEK SSS nutless disposable Relix STT 5.5-mm anchor x2.   I cannot verify the "PEEK SSS nutless disposable relix STT" is correct.  Any help is much appreciated!  ...

Shoulder Arthroscopy
Nov 08, 2013

The patient has normal-appearing supra- and infraspinatus with normal-appearing *baria*.  He distinctly does NOT say barrier (no "r" at the end), but I cannot verify "baria".  Thanks! ...

Shoulder Arthroscopy Term
Dec 17, 2011

I am transcribing and the dictator is saying...the rotator cuff on the articular surface was found to be intact over the _____ and along the greater tuberosity and rotator interval.  the term I am looking for starts with bear, but I cannot find this term anywhere...HELP! ...

Shoulder Arthroscopy Traction Position
Oct 10, 2013

The patient was placed in left lateral ducubitus position, all bony prominences were well-padded, and the right shoulder was placed in balanced ______ traction and we proceeded with diagnostic arthroscopy.  It starts with a "g" like "gallow" or something of that nature, but the only thing I can find for "gallow" is for femur traction... ...

Type Of Cautery Device Used In Shoulder Arthroscopy
May 05, 2010

Dictated ... "I then used the S/L uni cautery device on the low setting to clean up the labrum." TIA ...

S/l "vortex" Bur (used During Shoulder Arthroscopy)
Dec 28, 2009

Is vortex correct?  Can't document anywhere.  Maybe something like Boretec, Vore-tec, hard to tell if it starts with B or V.  Thanks!!! ...

Shoulder Word
Jul 25, 2012

s/l Akert's study for shoulder? Thanks! ...

Arthroscopy Probe
Dec 19, 2013

I am working on an op note (arthroscopy) and the physician dictates SERFAS "care" probe.  Has anybody heard of this one?  I cannot seem to find it anywhere online or on Stryker's site.  Any help appreciate on this one! ...

Knee Arthroscopy S/l Shreve?
Jun 01, 2011

He is doing a knee arthroscopy and says ___ biter.  S/l shreve? Thanks! ...

Arthroscopy, Menisectomy Surgery
Oct 04, 2011

Does this sentence sound right?   The ArthroCare wand was then used to smooth the chondral surface, which probed again, and it was noted to be stable.   The doctor said "period" before "which." I knew that couldn't be right, so I put a comma instead.     ...

Knee Arthroscopy With Partial Synovectomy
Dec 22, 2009

The patient seen back in follow up today with regard to postop left knee arthroscopy 11/11/09, with partial synovectomy and arthroscopic AUTO release. I can't find this anywhere, but that is what it sounds like.  Is auto correct?  Thanks. ...

Arthroscopy Revealed Hypertrophic S/l Villous Synovitis
Jun 14, 2011

x ...

S/l Lin-holsing Line?? Temporomandibular Joint Arthroscopy
May 02, 2013

He says it numerous times throughout report, but I just cannot get it :( Here is one of the sentences it is in:  ....20 mm anterior to the tragus and then 10 mm inferior to the s/l lin-holsing line.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Knee Arthroscopy Sounds Like Surfak For This Instrument
Sep 20, 2013

Physician says what sounds like Surfak for this instrument, Using a medial portal, the _____ instrument was introduced into the medial compartment for synovectomy for chondroplasty of the medial compartment,  ...

Any Ideas - 1 Gram TEA Instilled In Knee (arthroscopy)
Mar 24, 2015

Any help is very, very much appreciated. ...

"traytever"?? Arthroscopy/chrondroplasty Surgery
Sep 28, 2011

I need help with the sound-alike in this sentence: The s/l (*traytever*) was then used to resect the meniscus back to its stable rim. I saw a post on this exact sentence from a year ago, but it wasn't any help. Does anyone have any new ideas?? Thanks! ...

MRI Of Shoulder
Jan 16, 2011

On MRI, he had a massive tear of the supraspinatus superior half of the iinfraspinatus. He also had an s/l osto-chrom-e-ali.   Thanks!! ...

MRI Of The Shoulder
Jul 26, 2011

The patient had a shoulder MRI.  The doctor say: No obvious-appearing instability or injury to the coracoclavicular or ---s/l clochoclavicular---- ligaments on the MRI.    Thanks. ...

Shoulder Mri
Dec 26, 2012

...lateral down-sloping acromion with possible  ?CYPHER/SITE FOR impingement.  ...

Shoulder
Apr 08, 2013

Doc is talking about pts shoulder and says:  She had a normal (s/l Mieres), Hawkins, and Jobes tests.  Can someone give me the correct spelling of Mieres?  Thx CM ...

Shoulder GH ROM 70,60,30 Or 70/60/30?
Sep 12, 2013

I'm not sure which way to format ROM. ...

Shoulder Histo
Dec 10, 2009

Ortho doc is dictating PSH and he's stating the patient had a right shoulder histo.  Any idea what histo means? Thanks so much in advance.  Hope you're having a good night! ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Shoulder Xray
Mar 30, 2010

Radiographs show good position in his s/l sep-i-ca tunnels.  ...

Right Shoulder Winging?
Nov 08, 2010

She is noted to have her right shoulder "winging, weaning" in the standing position. ??? Help is appreciated! ...

Shoulder Bunionectomy
Jan 04, 2011

What in the world could sound just like shoulder bunionectomy?  Any ideas greatly appreciated.   ...

Shoulder Study
Jan 12, 2011

new to this account.....he says I also performed injection of her tendon sheath of her extensor tendon insertion origin with 1 cc of Lidocaine and 1 cc of Kenalog.  Her ?JMARS? are left 18, 21, and 21 and right 10, 16, 18. ...

Shoulder Question
Feb 17, 2011

He has pain in the intrascapular area of the right shoulder.  I can't tell if the doc says intrascapular or interscapular.  Are they interchangeable?  I am inclined towards him saying intra- but I can't be sure and can't ask him.  thanks. ...

Shoulder Exam
Aug 11, 2011

Dictated:  Treatment options were discussed with him.  These include repeat selective AC joint injection, s/l mulfer type (or tight or tech) distal clavicle, or living with residual symptoms.   He just slurs right over this.  Any help, thank you! ...

Right Shoulder Pain
Nov 12, 2011

He is nontender over the s/l (bony girdle) s/l (above) the clavicle and the scapula.  He is nontender at the elbow and wrist. He has good s/l (dorsalis) or s/l (radial) pulses and the sensation and grip strength is equal. ...