A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l ?tenth/tense tonsils - ozmt

Posted: Nov 19, 2011

Full sentence:

On examination, she had very large (tenth/tense/??) tonsils, grade 5/5 on the left and 4/5 on the right.

Thanks! 

tense... - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
A guess, as I have never done ENT clinic work, but do you really think "tenth" would make sense?

Hence the s/l - ozmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not saying that's what I think it would be, I'm just saying that's what it sounds like with possibly a "th" on the end.

I can't verify "tense tonsils" - can you point me in the right direction in case QA query it or is it a wild guess? Saying "someone on MT Stars told me" isn't going to cut it!

4+ tonsils are huge and very swollen, possibly - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
infected. Tense makes sense in the context. Large, swollen, stretched.
thanks! - ozmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks Olive - sent to QA so will see what they come back with.

Similar Messages:

Tonsils
Mar 31, 2011

Posterior pharynx: Tonsils +3.  There is midline s/l drainage.  Does that make sense?  ...

Normal *** And Tonsils S/l Gout/gown
Jan 25, 2014

an infant's physical exam  ears normal tympanic membranes, normal canals with mild pharyngeal erythema and no significant swelling.  Normal ____ and tonsils   Thanks for the help ...

What Is The Past Tense Of I&D
May 03, 2011

I was going to go with I&Dd, but that doesn't look right.  Or spelled out would be "The patient had an abscess that was incision and drained"?  That doesn't look right either, but just unsure. ...

Tonsils And Adenoids Problem S/l Clerbitous Postnasal Drainage
Nov 05, 2010

Patient is having evaluation for tonsils and adenoids.  Doc says:  "Patient had a s/l clerbitous postnasal drainage. No mass or lesion noted in the oral cavity." He speaks really fast, so this might even be "clear something nasal drainage." I'm just not sure what this might be. Any ideas? Thanks. And the "a" could just be a pause. Again, not sure.   ...

Past Or Present Tense Voice
May 07, 2010

Okay, I have been very confused about this lately.  When a doctor is reviewing medical reports from other providers and is documenting it within his report, should it be done in present tense or past tense??? I think that it should be done all in the past tense, but I have had arguments for both.  Basically, I just want the right answer.  For example, "The patient was seen on 06/10/09 and stated that he had right leg pain.  The report indicated that the patient had an antalg ...

Is There A Past Tense Of The Word Tumescent?
May 22, 2010

Upon completion of the plication, I then "tumesced" the area and performed liposuction in the bilateral hip region and pubic area. I can't document that as a word!!   ...

David Cohen CEO (past Tense)
Aug 31, 2010

I was just reading an old post about Cohen.  I remember him also. Yes, I was very embarrassed too when I had to put that I was employed (past tense - I am GONE!)...at MQ.  Especially when the interviewer at the hospital I was applying to said THEY CAUGHT MQ DOUBLE AND TRIPLE BILLING THEM!!!!!...and had cancelled their contract with MQ because of it.They are thieves and should all go to prison for fraud and theft.  ...