A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l Vital signs per "for far" nursing. Rehab. - Elderberry

Posted: Nov 03, 2010

Clearly s/l "for far."  I thought maybe he was saying 4th floor, but doesn't sound that way at all.  Could it be some kind of specialized nursing staff for rehab? An excellent dictator - I just can't figure this bit out!

vital signs performed by nursing? - (?)

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Similar Messages:

H & P Vital Signs:
Jan 25, 2011

Please help.....I know I've heard this before but am drawing a complete blank....On examination, temperature 97, blood pressure 139/73, heart rate 89, respiratory rate 16.  She is 93% s/l on rule _______.  She runs this and General Appearance together and I just can't get it.  Thank you so much for any help. ...

Vital Signs Question
Jul 18, 2010

Sometimes one of my doctors will just state the numbers when giving vital signs.  Just wonder how some of you handle this? ...

Abbreviation In Vital Signs Of The PE
Aug 31, 2012

She could also be saying any other phonetically similar letters. There is nothing else listed under the vitals, so its probably a generic "all negative" term.  (Afebrile, Stable Vital Signs...something else)   This dictator is one of those where the who PE is abbreviations.   Thanks ...

In Vital Signs. S/l Askum 54 Cm.
Sep 29, 2012

In vital signs of a neurological exam of 8yo boy.  s/l  askum 54 cm. ...

Semicolons In Vital Signs???
Nov 05, 2013

Since when are vital signs separated by semicolons?  Did I miss something??? My feedback - VITAL SIGNS:  Blood pressure is 183/111; pulse is 88;88, respiratory rate 18;18, temperature 97;97, oxygen 96%.96.   ...

So Now ASR Is Messing Up The Vital Signs
Dec 29, 2013

Not putting in the temperature at all, no matter how clear it is dictated. Messing up the sequence of the rest and the measurements..this is beyond annoying ...

Help On Vital Signs Part Of Exam
May 19, 2014

This Indian lady sounds like on the vital signs part as saying "No cathalication, upper landmine", ? Can't find anything similar to cathalication and upper landmines.  Any help would be appreciated!     ...

On Vital Signs: She Is On Pressure Support "10 Slash 5, 40%"
Jun 18, 2010

:) ...

REHAB WORD
Jun 07, 2010

In a rehab note, dictator says " fems" on admission were:  6 for grooming, 2 for toileting... Is the term "fems" correct?    Thank you thank you thank you! ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Durham Rehab?
Jun 22, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Durham Rehab? I am not familiar and just wanted any information you may have. Thank you! ...

Rehab Centers
Feb 08, 2012

What kind of work do you think that would include?  Thanks! ...

Need Help With A Code For Rehab
Oct 19, 2012

What is the code number for this statement: "Ultrasound with dexamethasone to Achilles tendon" Is it the iontophoresis code of 97033? Thanks for any help! ...

Voc Rehab Or WIA And Andrews?
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone here gotten Vocational Rehabilitation or WIA to pay for an Andrews course? If so, do they pay the whole thing? Thanks! ...

Anyone Heard Of Vital Lines Out Of Georgia
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know anything about Vital Lines out of Bogart, Georgia?  Their website says they accept resumes, but there is nothing else.  I am assuming they would probably have Independent Contractor positions.  Wondering if anyone else has heard of them before I send in my resume.  Thanks.    ...

SPS Transfers? Rehab Word
May 06, 2010

x ...

Physical Therapy/Rehab
Sep 07, 2010

Anybody good with PT/rehab terms? PT assessment Patient performs s/l "clenched transfers" or "clinched transfers" or "Clint's transfers". I can't find any of them. Thanks distraction ...

Nursing
Feb 17, 2010

After reading some posts on here written by nurses, it intrigues me why a nurse would want to get into the rat's nest world of MT.  Is it the lure of a work-at-home job?  Or is there something else I'm not aware of?  I was just reading on a nursing forum where many were complaining of being called off or being required to float, having their hours permanently cut back due to critical shortages and/or low census, even having foreign nurses brought in at a lower ...

MT To Nursing
Mar 30, 2010

Any one out there going to nursing school, or at least starting with getting the prereqs out of the way, take a nurse aide job to help gain experience?  There are quite a few CNA positions at our local hospital.  Although I'm not a CNA, but working on pursuing my nursing degree, but I am considering taking a pay cut to do nurse aide work to gain the experience.  Just wondered if anyone else out there did this.  The only thing that scares me is that I've been at home ...

To Vocational Rehab Posters Below...just Got A Call
Jan 06, 2014

They want me to come in tomorrow at 2:30 for an appointment.  Nervous!! I feel like if they wre going to turn me down it would have been through the mail and not wasting thier time and mine with an appointment.  Hopefully this is something definitive and not just needing more paperwork filled out.  This is my last semester in community college and if this doesn't work out I don't know how I will pay for University.  Wish me luck!!  ...

Have Any Of You MTs Been Nurses Or Going Into Nursing?
Aug 14, 2011

I started taking the nursing program at my local college 10 years ago and loved it, but dropped out after a year to get married, bad decision!  So, just looking to see if anyone here has been a nurse or is going into nursing and what they like/dislike about their jobs.  I am also looking into the RN program in the future.  ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

Is That Durham Rehab Ad Legit? I Smell A Scam, Anyone Else?
May 15, 2010

This ad just doesn't sit well with me. Did anyone apply and get a response? ...

Durham Rehab - Applied & Received Any Feedback?
May 21, 2010

Has anyone that applied to them received any feedback??  I know there was a lot of talk on this board about them being a scam.  They were very prompt in sending me a test dictation after I submitted my resume, but for some reason not so prompt in getting back with any results.  The test was easy, as it was only one dictation fiile approximately 2 minutes long.  Just curious if anyone has heard anything back - if not - then it probably was a scam, which has not affected me yet thankfully.  ...

I Saw A Report Today From A Local Rehab Facility
Jan 28, 2013

and it had the doctor's initials at the bottom as usual and then "MedQ" as the transcriptionist ---- so XX/MedQ.  This report was typed in the last couple of days, some two years almost since there has supposedly been NO MEDQUIST, but only M-Modal??????  Could it just be an IT glitch that has yet to be corrected or is there still some form of MQ? ...

To Those Posting Below About Becoming A Nursing Aide
Feb 20, 2014

What training did you take?  How long was it?  Was it expensive?  Did you find it easy to get a job after completion?    Thanks. ...

Would You Capitalize Home Health Nursing Or Not
Oct 23, 2009

? ...

LCS Meaning? Nursing Home Note
Oct 26, 2009

LCS - meaning for nursing home note.  Also, nectar liquid assist?  Am I hearing this correctly?  ...

Decision To Go Back To School For Nursing?
Mar 02, 2010

Has anyone made the decision to go back to school for nursing?  I am 45 years old and am seriously considering going to school this fall.  I would be starting from scratch as I have no college education.  I am debating on whether to pursue an associates (RN) or bachelors degree (BSN).  I am wondering if anyone else near my age is doing this and how are they faring.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

S/l LORO Canyon Nursing Home
Apr 07, 2011

ss ...

Nursing School And Loan Questions
Sep 08, 2011

Anyone seriously considering this?  I am concerned about the money issue, of course.  Did anyone receive a student loan that was enough to pay for books, supplies and have a little extra left over for living?  It's been so long since DH had a student loan, I can't remember anything about that.  I would still work part-time, of course, but that wouldn't put food on the table. I just can't stay in this proffession anymore, have to do something to get out of ...