A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

right femoral line placement s/l "7-year technique" - starstruck

Posted: May 15, 2010

"Via the s/l 7-year or salvington technique, I was able to place a right femoral central line after the third attempt."

I know it's Saturday night on a beautiful evening in May, but if anybody knows what this (no laughing!) PLEASE tell me! 

Could be Seldinger technique - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

maybe Seldinger? - bcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thank you Olive and bcmt! - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for making sense out of a horrible dictation. I was glad that at least I could hear the word "technique" because I thought someone here might know the *kind* of technique--I sure didn't. Cyberhugs to you both! And I hope the two of you never need to have a femoral central line access (especially not by this doc!)

You're welcome! It is a beautiful May night. - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Seldinger technique - Redpen

[ In Reply To ..]
Seldinger technique . . . and I'm not laughing. I'm smiling, because I'm thrilled to have gotten here first with the answer! At least, I think I'm here first . . .

I'm glad you got here in whatever order! - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
If I didn't have this board, I would go nuts! I just knew it was one of those things I *should* know because a central line placement is pretty common, but I really had no clue. And I thought that all of the other MTs were rolling their eyes and laughing! Hope you're enjoying the beautiful May night as well...

Similar Messages:

PICC Line Placement
Mar 15, 2010

A s/l nominate wire was inserted through the needle and the needle was removed. ...

On Arterial Line Placement...
Nov 09, 2011

...it sounds like he is saying "after "ziering" of the sensor, appropriate waveforms were noted.  Is "ziering" right? ...

PICC Line Placement - S/l Anestasol
Sep 21, 2010

I am transcribing a report for a PICC line placement and at the end the doctor says that he places what s/l anestasol Steri-Strips. a-nest-a-sal. Anestasol Steri-Strips were applied.  He could mean anestasol and Steri-Strips but he doesn't say that (which of course does not mean the "and" is not needed!!).  Anyone know what this should be?  Thanks! ...

S/l Exofemoral And Femoral-femoral Bypass
Oct 25, 2012

The patient underwent an (s/l) exofemoral and femoral-femoral bypass.  exofemoral?  ...

Central Line Placement With Sea Of Blue, CO Blue, Seal Blue?
Aug 09, 2014

Doc is describing putting in a central line and says "Sea of blue/CO blue was used." Does anyone know what this is?? ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Regarding Femoral Prosthesis
Apr 04, 2012

Examination of x-rays done previously - AP of the pelvis and AP and lateral of the right hip does reveal S-ROM type prosthesis which on the femoral side seems to be well fixed. He does have a _________ type cup which seems to be loose with clear lucent line in all three zones. sounds like wide to lock type or Y to lock type  or white to lock type ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Femoral-saphenous Juntion
Oct 29, 2010

Dr. dictates "Femoral-saphenous junction" but when i researched it - I only find Saphenofemoral junction...which would be correct? ...

Medial Femoral Condyle
Mar 16, 2011

s/l demon in his medial femoral condyle with areas of osteochondral defect and cartilaginous loss noted...  Any help is appreciated!!!! ...

U-pin? (femoral Condyle Postsurgical X-ray)
Nov 17, 2011

sounds like femoral condyle "U-pin"...can't find it...help? ...

Cam Lesion Femoral-femora?
Jan 17, 2012

Pelvic x-rays:  Early DJD with cam lesions on both s/l femoral femora.  I cannot document the s/l.  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Cam, Cam, Or CAM Lesion Of The Femoral Head?
Dec 31, 2012

I find it in all three forms when I look it up. Mayo Clinic site has cam lesion. Thank you in advance. ...

Oferax ? In Rt Common Femoral Artery
Oct 29, 2009

Wow!!!  This is an angiogram of carotids via femoral artery.......cannot find this anywhere!!! ...

Femoral Sciatic Blocks? Have Not Heard Of This Yet.
Feb 10, 2010

He had ACL surgery on the left knee done on December 17. With this he had femoral and sciatic blocks. ...

Cam And Pincer Femoral Acetabular Imingement
Jan 13, 2012

Doc consistently dictates, "cam and pincer all caps femoral acetabular impingement"  I cannot find any documentation to even capitalize cam or pincer.  I thought CAM was in reference  to controlled ankle motion  as in CAM walker boot.  Help!!!! ...

Then A S/l Luggage Handle Was Placed In The Femoral Canal.
Jun 05, 2015

Orthopedic surgery note.   "Then a s/l luggage handle was placed in the femoral canal." I have been searching, but it is difficulty to find anything, as every search just brings up tonz of stuff about luggage handles.  Anyone every heard of this????  ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Help With MRI Technique, Please
Apr 14, 2011

Doc is doing an MRI of the foot and says the technique is:  "Long axis inversion recovery, sagittal T1, inversion recovery, and short axis fat suppressed proton density. " I have added the commas but I'm not confident about it AT ALL.  Any help, please?  Does anyone know of a web site that explains all this terminology?  Thanks! ...

MRI Technique - 3B
Jan 23, 2013

This is new to me - "axial diffusion weighted imaging with 3B values including b50, b500 and b1000."  In Googling this, I see both lower case (b50) and upper case (B50).  Anyone familiar with this?  Thanks. ...

Placement Of Something
Jan 02, 2010

I am hearing a new one on emergency room reports.  They are saying what sounds like "An INT was placed."  What is the INT?  It is placed with cardiac monitors and such. ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...

S/l Coogal Technique
Jan 13, 2010

left inguinal hernia repair via ________ technique....any ideas? ...

Is It Some New Management Technique Not To Say Thank You To
Sep 22, 2010

I'm a high producer and self starter. I don't need hand-holding.  But, geesh, it's just human nature to want to hear a sincere, individual compliment for a job well done sometimes, if for no other reason than it motivates me to do a better job and make the company more money.  At some point, it seems most management has started to treat the worker bees as enemies instead of part of the team.  It's short-sighted and lazy, and I know it has to be costin ...

S/l McKally's Technique
Dec 19, 2010

s/l McKally's technique   has to do with ACL injury ...

S/l Bullseye Technique
Mar 17, 2011

SI joint injected using the s/l bullseye technique ...

Questions On Your Technique
Jun 12, 2011

I am wondering what method you all use for transcribing.  Do you listen and type word for word, or do you listen to the complete thought before typing it?  Has anyone who was formally trained been taught a certain way?  Has anyone switched from technique to another and seen a difference one way or another?  I am continually trying to find ways to improve speed without a lot of success.  I am very frustrated and having difficulty paying my bills. Also, in case it co ...

Cardiology Technique
May 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of a rotoshaver (?) technique used in Cardiology? ...

A New Bypass Technique
Jun 30, 2011

Has anyone ever done a "pneumograph tunnel technique" for operation entitled  Two-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting.   2-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting?  Preop is left main coronary stenosis. ...

Koch Technique
Apr 30, 2012

What is the Koch technique?   ...