A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

parascopal incision - ontop

Posted: Feb 07, 2011

performed a parascopal (or periscopal) incision over the dorsum of the hand.

Are you sure it is not arthroscopic incision? - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

really sounds like - ontop

[ In Reply To ..]
periscopal

If parascopal is clearly dictated...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
not sure but, if hard to understand, maybe metacarpal incision ??

parascopal - ontop

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks guys. I just had to flag it! It came back as parascopal! Go figure.

Similar Messages:

Doc Says Pfannenstiel Sterile Incision Or Stab Incision?
Feb 05, 2010

Pfannenstiel stab incision or sterile incision?  Any help will be appreciated! ...

Post Mastectomy Incision With Faint "telactasia" Noted Along The Incision.
May 07, 2014

? ...

Incision
Jan 10, 2010

Question: The dictator reads "A curvilinear incision was then made from the coracoacromial process and s/l figured to the clavicle and the acromion and carried distally to the curvilinear fashion.  I know that figured is not right but I cannot imagine what it might be.  Thanks in advance for any help! ...

?? Incision
Mar 17, 2011

My question is about what kind of incision the Dr. is saying. Context: "Examination of the left shoulder reveals the arthroscopic portal has healed along with (superry) incision which is approximately 2 inches, which is healing nicely as well. " What kind of incision??? Sounds like Sue Perry. Appreciate any tips. Thanks! :) ...

Uterine Incision Was J-ed????
Oct 13, 2009

Used this term twice, I know he meant J-shaped, but verbatum account.  Any suggestions? ...

Surgical Incision
Aug 31, 2010

Type of incision for sigmoidectomy and rectopexy - sounds like fantaseal. ...

Incision And Drainage
Jan 13, 2011

Pulsavac irrigation with TAZ? Is TAZ correct? ...

Awelty Incision ?
Oct 11, 2012

Fairly clear sounding.   Back surgery . Thanks! ...

S/l Cats-eye Incision
Jun 05, 2013

A s/lcats-eye incision was made.   Any help is appreciated :) ...

Shugart Incision
Sep 21, 2014

Twice in the report it sounds like a Shugart incision, but I cannot find anything similar.  The sentence reads - It was necessary to make a _____ incision in order to deliver the uterus. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks. ...

Lenticular Incision?
Apr 28, 2015

Brunner Or Bruner Incision?
Oct 17, 2010

Sterile prep and drape was then performed and s/l Bruner/Brunner incisions were marked on the left middle finger.  Thanks in advance! ...

Brunner Or Bruner Incision????
Mar 30, 2011

Does anyone know which to use, Brunner or Bruner incision.  I looked them both up and it says both are correct.  I am doing a hand surgery. ...

Lake Into River Incision?
May 11, 2011

The skin tag was excised and a _______ incision was made and it to incorporate the anal fissure anteriorly... It sounds exactly lake into river.  I cannot find anything except all the lakes and rivers in the country. ...

Gowing Nasal Incision
Aug 16, 2012

Duing nasoseptoplasty and gabella resection, dr states "A gowing? incision was made." ...

Bruner Or Brunner Incision?
Apr 11, 2014

I see so many references to both spellings, including on this board. I don't have an up-to-date reference book. Thank you for your help. ...

Plike Incision And Caunal Taping?
Nov 06, 2009

Plike? Incision... ? Also... Speaking in reference to a knee surgery??   Caunal taping?? Sentence is,.. She failed Caunal taping as well as a series of physical therapy exercises and home exercises.   ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Hyphenate? 3/4 Inch Skin Incision?
May 19, 2010

Blood loss was essentially nil as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision. Should it be 3/4-inch skin incision? Thank you. ...

Plastic Surgery ? S/l Ray-No Incision For Facelift
Jun 16, 2011

xx ...

Incision In An Embroidered L-fashion - Has Anyone Heard Of This?
Mar 20, 2011

Curious to know if anyone has heard of this?  It's clearly what he is saying but when I tried to look it up just for reference I couldn't find anything.  It's for an osteotomy. The periosteum overlying the first metatarsal head was incised in an embroidered L-fashion. Thanks! ...

Circumcision Incision Nasal Surgery
Oct 18, 2011

Has anyone heard the term "circumcision" for a sinus surgery?  "The perichondrium was circumcised and the left tunnel developed." ...

Fishmail-type Incision For Second Toe Amputation
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know how to spell *fishmail* incision. ...

Hysterectomy- Panicele Or Fanicele Incision Site?
Feb 17, 2010

Patient has itching around the incision site of her hysterctomy-sounds like low panicele or low fanicele? Any ideas? ...

Procedure Began By Making A Small Incision,
Apr 24, 2010

approximately 1-inch, at the 4th and 5th intercostal space, dissected down through the superficial musculare layers and down into the  s/l *pluera or flora*  Once in the "pluera" we placed a laparoscopic port and 30 degree 5 mm camera. ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

Parathyroidectomy - S/l Fluted Blake Drain Was Placed Through A Stab Incision Into The Nec
Jul 28, 2010

The 7  s/l fluted Blake drain was placed through a stab incision into the neck. ...

POPS Lesion? Oleay-type Incision? Anyone Familiar With These 2 Terms?
Nov 11, 2010

The POPS lesion is on the peroneal longus tendon.  I can't find it anywhere.  The s/l Oleay incision is for excision of the anterior process of the calcaneus. ...

Ortho Word - At Which Point A Curvilinear Incision Was Extended Into The Base Of The HYPOTHENUM
May 14, 2014

Doc dictating carpal tunnel release OP note. He states "at which point a curvilinear incision was extended into the base of the HYPOTHENUM, volar aspect of right wrist." I cannot verify that "hypothenum" is actually a real word. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks. ...

Quadriceps Tear Repair: A S/l Montesuna Incision Was Made. The Subcutaneous Tissue Was Dissected Sh
Oct 12, 2009

Quadriceps tear repair:;   A s/l Montesuna incision was made??    The subcutaneous tissue was dissected sharply to the patella fascia...  ...