A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

orthopaedic - kris

Posted: Jun 12, 2012

s/l geophenoscopy?

TEXT: Examination of his left knee shows no knee joint effusion.  Good patellar tracking.  No localized tenderness to palpation.  No ligamentous instability.  Full extension and 30 degrees of flexion.  Firm end point with Lachman test.  He does have an approximately 4 x 3 cm mass at the medial aspect of the popliteal fossa.  There is no tenderness to palpation.  No redness or warmth.  __________ is positive consistent with fluid content.  There is no palpation pulsation.  No tenderness to palpation.  No surrounding swelling or irritability.

thank you!

?Homan sign - sm - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a guess. I think a positive Homan sign is obtained when a Baker's cyst is present (sounds like what's being described).

Alternatively, could the dictator being saying something that starts with "genu"?

Similar Messages:

Orthopaedic Help Please
Jan 31, 2010

dictating a back surgery follow up.  Dr. says "he did have bilateral leg pain prior to his s/l xtop or x-stop" thank you! ...

Orthopedic Or Orthopaedic?
Dec 01, 2009

I see it both ways and don't use it much myself but it always makes me wonder which is "proper" and why?  Or is it just a matter of preference? thank you. ...

Orthopaedic Word
Nov 03, 2010

Hello Ortho Experts! I'm typing for plastic surgeon who says:  "Pathology returns as s/l osteo-mi-cutis"? I've tried different spellings, no luck. Educate me, please. Thanks so much. ...

Orthopaedic Word Help
Mar 10, 2011

TEXT:  He has pain with cross-arm adduction as well as a __________ test. s/l Belvan retest? ...

2 Words-orthopaedic
Mar 29, 2012

I just started with an orthopaedic group. I am having a heck of a time finding this test. He says "Negative (open can). Negative drop-arm test." I know there is such a thing as Empty can test but it sounds nothing like "empty can". Sounds like "open can". Is there such a thing? Also, is it post injection, post-injection or postinjection. I see it written all 3 ways online from medical manuals, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Orthopaedic Transcription
Sep 13, 2014

How difficult would orthopaedic transcription be for someone who has never done it, but has been an MT for over 25 years? ...

Sounds Like Systol Boot (orthopaedic)
Feb 07, 2012

She utilized the Cam boot and discontinued it as she felt significantly improved.  She is weightbearing as tolerated.  She has occasional pain.  She is utilizing a __________ boot.   thank you! ...

Orthopaedic Humerus Fracture Brace Name
Apr 17, 2012

Right proximal humerus fracture   On evaluation, she does have a ____ brace that is positioned well with her arm in neutral alignment. She is complaining of it cutting into her wrist. of course he changes his mind in the middle of the word and the best I can do is say that is sounds like "a strike stone".  Any ideas???  I don't think it is Stryker unless it is Stryker zone or something like that.... Thank you!! ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...