A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

nasal discharge which is non-*prual*?? Thanks. nm - anon

Posted: Jun 29, 2010

nm

discharge which is nonpurulent? sm - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
purulent is base word, meaning pus.

Similar Messages:

Postdischarge, Post-discharge, Or Post Discharge?
Nov 14, 2011

Which one do you guys use?  I find it all 3 ways on the net, with no clear indication as to what's correct.  Thx.   ...

Plus Plus Discharge
Mar 02, 2011

he had plus plus discharge from the incision? ...

Discharge In The Eye
Apr 23, 2012

Doctor dictated "Mother is wiping pusy discharge from his eyes every 10 minutes since he awoke this morning."  The word in orange, I would normally change to "pus-like", as I don't think this is how "pus-e" discharge is spelled.  I keep thinking it should be "pussy", but that's clearly not how you pronounce it....LOL...HELP!!! ...

GYN Discharge Summary
Nov 06, 2011

In the review of systems in a gyn discharge summary I hear, "10 point was negative except per HPI. Labs HN8 with 10 and 33 ___ her last pap smear in ___ was active with negative high risk APD." The blanks are for confidentiality purposes. ...

Discharge Med - Galan??
Feb 28, 2012

This was listed in discharge meds list for a cardiology discharge summary: *Galan* 100 mg at h.s. Cannot find "Galan" in any of my references or as a soundalike for another word. What could it be? Thanks! ...

Discharge Summaries
Jan 11, 2015

Hello, I was typing the "Final Diagnoses" part a discharge summary the other day. The doctor began listing them by number and for the last number of 9, he said, "Jehovah's Witness." How is that a diagnosis?? Shouldn't those words be in the body of the report instead?? What is the correct way/formatting of handling that when it comes to religion??  Any help would be appreciated! 😃 ...

Discharge Instructions
May 12, 2015

The patient was discharged on "4 IV ORI"  The patient is in for rehydration.  ...

Psychiatry Discharge Summary
Dec 17, 2009

Working on a psych discharge summary from Allied. Not sure if there is a heading such as Psychiatric Examination. Anyone knows of this particular discharge summary, please give me a heads up. Thank you ...

Pediatrics Discharge Summary
Mar 11, 2010

I am dictating a periatric dischage summary under physcial examination sounds like rome tie.  It could be one word rometie in the chest.  The only thing I can find closed to the sound of the word is ROM TIE,  Please help, I am taking a transcription course and not doing well. Thank you, Nan ...

Discharge Diagnosis After Delivery
Jul 12, 2011

The doctor is saying the following .... Twenty units of Pitocin were administered postpartum. No pocalisis (????) was administered. I am not sure what the bold word is, it just sounds like this. ...

Scribing A Discharge Summary
Sep 21, 2011

Had a dictation this morning where the physician said "dictating a discharge summary" and then changed it to "scribing a discharge summary" and not sure what to think of that.  Any ideas? ...

Discharge Summary Medication Help
Mar 27, 2012

Hi, I am struggling on finding the medication in the blank below. This is from a discharge summary of someone who had deep venous thrombosis. Here is the sentences: DISCHARGE MEDICATIONS:  Warfarin 5 mg daily, Lovenox 60 mg daily for 4 more days, (___) 40 mg daily.  She will be on a low salt diet. * The blank sounds like nodwar, nodwarf, nodar?  Any help is appreciated :) Thanks.   ...

S/l Visible Smoking And Discharge
May 26, 2012

Dictator doing a progress note on a patient status post fem-pop bypass talking about the wound on his thigh. S/L a visible (or invisible) smoking and discharge from the medial aspect of the right thigh.... Does this make sense? ...

Who Can Dictate Discharge Summaries
Jun 24, 2014

I was wondering if anyone knows who can legally dictate a discharge summary.  I work for an Inpatient Rehab Facility in Louisiana and our Attending Physician will be on vacation for a week and he has fallen behind recently on dictating discharge summaries.  I was wondering if we could delegate someone else to dictate these to help us catch up.  Does anyone know where I could find any information on this?  I have researched for 2 days to no avail. Thanks : ...

Type Of Analysis For Nipple Discharge
Feb 10, 2011

It s/l he is saying sublogic or subologic analysis. ...who developed left nipple bleeding while on antiplatelet therapy for coronary artery disease with intracoronary stent placement with (subologic) analysis of nipple discharge from the left breast demonstrating findings consistent with a papillary lesion. Thanks. ...

Pinkish Discharge Noted On The S/l Fox Swab
Aug 14, 2013

there is a pinkish discharge noted on the s/l fox swab ...

Can Someone Plz Tell Me How To Write This? Vaginal Discharge Wet Prep DNA Obtained TIA
Mar 28, 2011

"Vaginal discharge wet prep DNA obtained"....I am not used to GYN stuff, so please help if you can....TIA! ...

Do You Spell Out PICC Line In Discharge Diagnoses?
Mar 20, 2012

Do you spell out every little thing, including PICC line and IV, or is that just such common knowledge?  I'm already expanding MRSA, but I wonder about common abbrev. ...

Nasal Surgery Help
Jan 18, 2010

This guy is talking a mile a minute and I can't slow it down at all.  This guy is talking a mild a minute with no speed control to speak of... 1.  Perioperative _____ surgical pledgets were placed in the nose. 2.  Bilateral _______ splints were placed in the nasal cavity and sutured to the midline with a 3-0 Prolene suture.  (something+astic splints    Almost sounds like full-astic or scho-lastic) Thanks! ME     ...

Nasal Fracture Op
Feb 12, 2010

The nose was further decongested and anesthetized utilizing 10% cocaine pledgets, followed by injections, some _____, some_____...... or maybe submucousally, subperiossively. I know, I'm a new student trying hard to get this.  Let me know if I need to attach a sound file. ...

Nasal Mucosa
Sep 14, 2010

This is part of the physical exam.  Nasal mucosa s/l septin is intact. ...

Nasal Fracture
Oct 13, 2010

can someone tell me what a "3 4" rasp is?  3,4 or 3-4, or 3/4.  the whole sentence is The bony spicule over the dorsum was reduced via a Rubin osteotome and file ___ rasp Thanks ...

Nasal Cannula
Nov 12, 2010

It sounds like the dictator is saying a twine nasal cannula... any suggestions? ...

Nasal Lesion
Aug 02, 2011

There does appear to be a raised, s/l "pearl-ic" character to it. ...

Nasal Surgery? Help!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 11, 2011

Any ideas what a right-angled olive tipped suckle might be? ...

Nasal Splat
Jan 19, 2012

The patient has metallic nasal s/l splat in the left naris.  ...

OTB On Nasal Cannula (OTB?)
Apr 05, 2012

What is OTB?  Thanks all! ...

S/l Aganasi Cells - Nasal
Oct 14, 2009

s/l aganasi cells in the nose.  Also, used s/l Miragel ...

S/l *flupatazone* Nasal Spray???? Thanks. Nm
Apr 10, 2010

nm ...

S/l Lutanist Nasal Spray Tia Nm
May 27, 2010

x   ...