A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

medication help breast cancer treatment - stumped

Posted: Nov 04, 2009

patient with lumpectomy then double mastectomy. Medication s/l ven-mo-fax-ine or fem-mo-fax-ine HCL 25 mg q.i.d. times several months. She will be on this for 5 years total. Cannot find or figure. Googled "HCL 25 mg breast cancer" but didn't find anything too close.

Tamoxifen?? nm - Babs

[ In Reply To ..]
`

sm - stumped

[ In Reply To ..]
No, not tamoxifen. I think she is actually saying vaccine at the end. I found an article about breast cancer vaccines for postcancer patients but have not found a medication name. So, actually might be s/l "Venmo or Femo" vaccine HCL 25 mg. Well, it will be going to QA if I don't turn up with something. The q.i.d. kind of throws me for a vaccine though.

Try venlafaxine...sm - Babs

[ In Reply To ..]
It's used for pain after breast cancer treatments.

Yep, that's it! - stumped

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, you always impress me! Thanks.

Similar Messages:

Cancer Treatment S/l Florimbucil And Prednisone
Nov 20, 2009

thanks so much ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

Prostate Cancer Treatment...please See Message
Mar 02, 2011

He will receive a single dose of radiation to this hip and then he will receive either ipilimumab versus placebo and s/l alba-immunotherapy.  TIA ...

Patient With Colon Cancer Receiving Treatment.
Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C" Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment. ...

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

Cancer Treatment Centers Of America - Tulsa
Dec 01, 2011

The transcription service company that had this account was great, doctors great, but the client has two problem employees that run the show and can make life pretty miserable.  They want you to go by the AAMT BOS, but have hundreds of exceptions, which they do not inform you about.  Each time you go by the BOS but it doesn't make them happy, they rant in emails with exclamation marks about how you have been told hundreds of times before, when you never have be ...

S/l Intrastructural Breast Cancer?
Mar 08, 2010

She has had instrastructural breast cancer with the last mastectomy in January 2009 ...

Breast Cancer Test
Sep 08, 2010

Sentence reads - We also talked about testing for s/l broke-a-gen because she has a mom that had breast cancer.  Thanks for any help. ...

Breast Cancer Term
Oct 17, 2010

... a deep lesion showed ductal carcinoma in situ, s/l fella type, with high nuclear grade and focal comedonecrosis. Any help or suggestions appreciated, thank you. ...

Breast Cancer Drug
Jan 05, 2011

anyone heard of a drug that sounds like Tamara for breast cancer?  I know there is Tamoxifen, Tamfen.  It is in reference with radiation and Tamara.  I can't find anything that sounds like this. ...

Disease Associated With Breast Cancer
Feb 10, 2011

oncology  - patient has ER/PR positive but HER 2/neu breast cancer.  Dr says "no evidence of s/l spitkin or spifkin" disease???  TIA ...

Breast Cancer Word Help
Mar 25, 2013

This is a pt with recurrent breast cancer. "She now has a stage I breast cancer, ER/PR positive, HER-2/neu negative measuring 6 mm and with an Oncotype DX score of 22 translating to 14% risk of relapse without the local therapy and hormonal therapy. She has had s/l "fibernase or cybernase" as her radiation with lumpectomy." Anyone know what this could be? Colleen ...

Paraaortic Versus Periaortic Lymph Nodes In Cancer Treatment
Oct 21, 2009

This patient has prostate cancer, but somehow or other the paraaortic lymph nodes or periaortic lymph nodes are involved.  I have googled and found both spellings, but for the life of me I can't figure out which is correct.  "This showed a 1.6-cm retroperitoneal lymph node in the low pelvis anterior to the inferior vena cava suspicious for metastatic disease." There are so many lymph nodes in the body.  Even looking at an anatomy diagram, I can't figure this out. Help!! ...

Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
Oct 13, 2010

I'm looking for what s/l "begalrithm" Risk Assessment for breast cancer. Thanks for any help!   ...

She Was First Discovered To Have Cancer Metastatic From Her Breast In 2006
Jan 20, 2010

I will type exactly as said. I am unsure how to type.   She states she was first discovered to have cancer metastatic from her breast in 2006, and it has really metastasized quite extensively to her pelvis to the lumbar vertebrae L1 2   2 to 3 and L4 5 and also her right proximal femur and femoral neck. TIA. ...

S/l Manna Port? After Breast Cancer Surgery...
Jun 10, 2010

It is definitely not mammo port.  I am working away from home and I do not have my books with me.  Any help is greatly appreciated!   ...

Recurrent Voces Denouveau Breast Cancer?
Aug 13, 2010

this is a new one on me and I can't find anything about it. ...

Non-medical Term In Breast Cancer Note
Oct 17, 2010

She was born in France ... she is not of s/l osteanozzie Jewish background.  I am completely flummoxed and searched out.  Anyone know? Thanks. ...

Triple Negative ? Type Breast Cancer
Apr 06, 2011

When slowed way way down it sounds like immunocino type. ...

Breast Cancer Staging: MpT2(i)N0(i+)M0 ?? Typed Right?
Jun 12, 2011

I think I'm mainly concerned about the plain " (i) behind the T2 ??  ...

Correct Way To Transcribe Breast Cancer Staging
Oct 02, 2012

Does anyone know the correct way to transcribe breast cancer staging when dictated as follows: pT2 "sentinel node 0" MX. I am not sure how to transcribe the dictated "sentinel node 0." Thanks for your help. ...

Patient Has A Strong Family History Of Breast Cancer With Her
Oct 29, 2009

brother positive for s/l "brach-a-dean". ...

Patient With Breast Cancer And HIV On Viracept, *settrus*, Famvir. Thanks. Nm
Sep 12, 2010

nm ...

S/l Leif Armini Testing For Hereditary Breast Cancer
Mar 22, 2012

BRCA testing and s/l Leif Armini or gleefarmini testing...for breast cancer. ...

*tyro Kusik* Risk Model For Breast Cancer
Jul 01, 2013

ss ...

For Breast Cancer Pathology, ECAT, S/l Hair, And Immunohistochemical Stain
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Chemotherapy Drug - High Risk Of Breast Cancer Recurrence
Nov 19, 2011

patient it at high risk of breast cancer recurrence and they recomend utilizing combination chem utilizing s/l dose-stensator, Adriamycin, Cytoxan.  Does anyone know what this might be? ...

S/L You-sahn - USON ?? -01001 Protocol........chemotherapy, Breast Cancer Patient.
Dec 04, 2009

thank you ...

*uncotidyex* Testing Shows High Risk Of Recurrent Breast Cancer. Nm
May 19, 2010

. ...

Cancer Term/medication
Sep 23, 2012

Gyne-oncologist dictating hx of treatment.  "She then did well but developed a relapse, was placed on s/l "olp 16" in January of 2008." ...