A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

correct way to write A1C - AL

Posted: Jul 27, 2010

Is it A1C, A1c or A1-C?  

reply - matilda

[ In Reply To ..]
A1c

BOS 2010 - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
My online 2010 BOS lists it as Hemoglobin A1c. Hope to help.

thanks - AL

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the help!!

Similar Messages:

CORRECT WAY TO WRITE PERCENTAGES
Feb 20, 2010

Which is correct ..... 5 to 10%  (that's how it is worded) or 5% to 10% - or five to ten percent??? ...

Correct Way To Write Address On Correspondence
Oct 24, 2010

What is the correct way to write an address on correspondence?  I have to address something to Main Street, Suite 100.  I was taught to type it as Main St Ste 100, but it looks wrong.  Can anyone verify that I'm doing it correctly? ...

What"s The Correct Way To Write "single-ought" Or
Jul 01, 2010

I used to know this, but have forgotten, since no one I've typed has used this term in such a long time.   The sentence is:  "A percutaneous single-ought cannulation was made of the right internal jugular vein".   Would you put " a 0 cannulation was made,", or  "a 1-0 cannulation was made?"  Or  "a single-0 cannulation"?  Or should it be spelled out, "single-ought"?   I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, and my ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

All-Write Transcription
Dec 03, 2009

Has anyone heard of or worked for this transcription company?  If so, what are your thoughts and more specifically on average how many billable monthly lines are available at this transcription company?  Is the work steady or sporadic?  Thanks in advance for your comments. ...

How To Write COPD
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type COPD in a discharge diagnosis.....COPD or to spell it out?   Thanks:) ...

Write Out Date?
Mar 06, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a new rule in MQ land about never writing out the date, always making it numbers only?  I get back reports every once in a while with all the written dates crossed out and replaced with numbers yet the CP does not specify either way.  So, when a doctor states March 3, 2010..that is how I type it, if he states 03/03/2010, that is how I type it.  I am going to complain to my manager about this but I was wondering maybe I missed a new rule.  Tha ...

How Would You Write This Number?
Mar 11, 2010

The doctor is dictating a white count number  and he distinctly says "Thirty-eight thousand point 4."  (The patient has CLL).  How would you write this number?  My guess is 38,000.4 ...

How To Write Levels
May 28, 2010

how to write this "level 2, 3, 4, and 5 lymph node dissection"? numbers or roman numerals? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

OK Gotta Write This
Jun 17, 2010

ASR:  tachy fell axis I am wiping the tears from my eyes on this one.  What a stupid program.  I swear it is written by the Indians.  I had a wonderful English-speaking clear-as-day doctor yesterday, first name of Daniel, and the ASR did not get 75% of his dictation.  It was just words and gibberish.  It was a crying shame.  That could have been a helpful tool in that instance.  It should have been able to transcribe him perfectly and editing should have ...

How Would You Write 5 Minus Out Of 5
Jul 16, 2010

In some sentances they say 5 out of 5 to muscle testing, sometimes 5 minus out of 5, or 4 plus out of 5.  I am not allowed to use the + or - sign.  I've got the 5/5, but is it correct to put 5 minus/5 or just type out 5 minus out of 5. ...

Speak Write
Jul 30, 2010

Has anyone heard of or worked for Speak Write? ...

How To Write Something Correctly
Sep 02, 2010

Dictated as "a year and a half ago." Do I type it as such or do I change to 1-1/2 years ago?? Thanks for your help! ...

How To Write A Word
Oct 09, 2010

How do you write an age of a value where the dictator says "one-teens?" ...

How To Write Three Quarters Cm
Dec 06, 2010

I'm drawing a complete blank.  Is the proper way 3/4 cm, or three quarters cm, or 0.75 cm?  Nothing in Google is helping me figure this out.  It's throwing me math equasions to do and now I'm just confused.  Any help is appreciated. ...

How Do I Write This? PH Level
Oct 25, 2011

I now the pH scale, but I'm confused by what this doctor said.   "...her pH remained low at 717"   She said "Seven One Seven." She speaks clearly, so I'm confident she is saying this. No other pH levels are given in the report. ...

How Would You Write Hospitalizable?
Nov 01, 2011

Doc says "It does not appear from observations of in here that he crosses the line into being hospitalizable against his will."   From my understanding, hospitalizable is not a word. How yould you reword this sentence? ...

Should An IC Write Her Own Contracts
Feb 19, 2013

Should an IC write her own contract for someone wanting to hire her? ...

Help On How To Write These Regions
Apr 24, 2012

The patient's peritoneal carcinomatosis index is 34.  This is as follows:  Region 03, region 13, region 23, region 33, region 42, region 53, region 63, region 73, region 82, region 92, region and 102, region 112, region 123.  The small bowel serosa surface and had minimal disease. They were dictated as region zero 3, 1 3, etc.  Im thinking maybe I should have them as 0-3, 1-3, etc all the way down the line to region 10-2, 11-2, 12-3???  ...

Do You Write Down The Job # For Your Record....or
May 03, 2012

just do along and work?  I was writing job # and which hospital and work type but its time consuming and I don't see the point because I hope not to be here much longer.  ...

How Do They Learn To Write That Way?
Sep 19, 2012

that say nothing?  I need to learn how to do that.  Can anyone explain why we have 2 different speech engines (that's what I gather from the email anyway, but I'm only a college graduate).  Two engines are better than one? ...

Now Is The Time To Write To CNN, FOX And Others.
May 03, 2013

My husband who has also put up with this company for decades, stated it has been plastered all ove the news stations about the http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/03/world/asia/bangladesh-building-collapse/index.html  Bangladesh building that collapsed and supposedly Wal-Mart and Disney hired factory workers from that particular building to do their clothes.  News stations are reporting how Nike, Disney, Wal-Mart hire offshore for slave wages to do the work.  My husband said we all need t ...

Is It Proper To Write - Three ML Of Anesthesia
Jun 30, 2010

Doing a report and they begin the sentence with -  3 mL of anesthesia.  Can't find this in the BOS or anywhere.   Is it proper to type Three mL of anesthesia, or is this an exception to start a sentence with 3 mL.   Thanks, mt ...

How To Write Time Correctly
Sep 02, 2010

Dictated as "a year and a half ago".  How do I write this correctly??   Thanks for your help!! ...

Cancer Staging - How Do I Write 4A?
Dec 17, 2010

Oropharyngeal carcinoma. Stage 4A? Thanks for any help. ...