A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

closed with 2-0 nylon suture followed by - **skin wicks**?? NM

Posted: Dec 04, 2011

nm

Clips, as in skin staples?? NM - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

wicks - oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes the surgeons do put wicks in between staples when closing.

Thanks. NM - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Mild Chromic Suture Or Myochromic Suture?
Jan 22, 2010

xx ...

Suture Track Versus Suture Tract
Oct 09, 2014

Would the correct phrase be suture tract or suture track? Getting mixed results trying to reference this. Just want some professional opinions. Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Swaged Suture Or Swedged Suture?
May 09, 2011

Which is correct?   TIA! ...

Correct Way To Type 4 #50 Nylon Sutures?
Nov 01, 2011

States "four number five oh nylon sutures"  What is the correct way to type this?  Thanks! ...

#2 Suture Versus 2 Suture
Nov 27, 2013

Hello, I am just trying to get a bit of information on a subject on hand. We used #2 Ethibond suture versus -  We used 2 Ethibond suture.   How important is the # sign in this case? ...

Capitalization - 3-0 Vicryl" And "4-0 Nylon
Nov 30, 2013

Dictator says "3-0 Vicryl" and "4-0 nylon".  Is this capitalization correct or should nylon be capitalized? ...

MT To Closed Captioning?
Jul 27, 2010

I have been doing some research on closed captioning and CART jobs/career. I searched the archives here, also. Does anyone know, however, if one needs to be a court reporter in order to learn the above jobs?  I'm wondering if one can learn stenography, etc., in some type of program without going through the entire curriculum of court reporting. Thanks! ...

MTEC Closed
May 06, 2014

I graduated from there 3 years ago.  Gave up on a MT career but still get their employment opportunity emails.  The one today said they're closed.  News to me.  Anyone know why?  ...

MTEC Is Closed
May 08, 2014

Their last day was May 5.  It looks like they're closing down services to grads, too, something I thought would never go away.  In my mind, there is no doubt transcription is a sinking ship.  ...

Closed Captioning
Mar 29, 2015

Hey all, just a thought - if you're all tired of these transcription companies, it seems that closed captioning/court reporting out of your home is the way to go. I recently checked into this and it is very lucrative and you don't have to deal with outsourcing, low pay, all the "fun stuff" that medical transcription has to NOT offer. And, if you have a medical background, you get paid more as we are in high demand and would mean more pay. Again, just a thought and am definitely excited ...

Does Anyone One Know Any Companies That Do Closed Captioning?
Apr 04, 2014

I see some listed online but not sure what's legit.  Want to branch out from MT work. TIA. ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Closed Book Ortho Exam
Sep 04, 2011

I thought I had found a reference indicating a "closed-book" exam for SI joint pain.  Now I can't find it and I have been using it for a couple of weeks  and I don't know whether I found it or just thought I had found it.  Anybody familiar with it? ...

Closed-captioning With Speech-recognition
Jul 11, 2012

Hey guys, the other day I tested a software program called VoxcribeCC, it works well on videos. If you do closed captioning or subtitling, it really eases the task with its speech recognition and time stamping functions. Accuracy is pretty high. I think it is way more powerful than dragon  ...

Has Anyone Heard Anything About Typing Closed Captioning
Aug 29, 2014

Would that maybe be an option for those of us in need for work? That's not something I'd think would be going away and I remember hearing years ago that the pay was better than MT.  Though what's happened to that field in the years since, I have no clue.  I just can't imagine that every being outsourced. ...

Since The Window To Request Thanksgiving Has Closed
Oct 22, 2014

and the window to request Christmas is about to open, and the new rule our "scheduler" made up is that we can only take one of them, it would be nice if she would PROCESS THE THANKSGIVING REQUESTS SO WE KNOW IF WE CAN REQUEST CHRISTMAS OR NOT.    On a side note, since we can only take one of them, I suspect because she thinks it will make her job easier, that's going to throw way too many people working on completely dead holidays, which will lead to her having to fill out a ton ...

S/l Closed Tang Quads (some Type Of Exercise)
Mar 18, 2010

I have recommended that she start on a very vigorous exercise program including S/L closed tang quads and hip stabilizing exercises as well as walking and aerobic-type exercises.   tia.   ...

I Wonder If AHDI Could Be Closed And Reopened Structured As A Union
Sep 12, 2012

It would only work if we kept the skeleton of the organization, throughout anyone in any position of authority who has ever gone overseas or been part of sending work overseas. They would not be eligible to serve in any capacity. We would benefit from the albeit small membership still there and could build from that point. In a union, the members are the boss. If the leaders don't act in our interests, they will be gone. Why wouldn't that work? I think it would be too difficult to st ...

Getting References Is Hard When All The MTSOs I Worked For Are Closed
Mar 25, 2013

So I'm applying for a substitute position with my local school system and they want two professional references.  I don't want to ask the current MTSO I work for, nor the physicians in my private accounts.  I've worked for this MTSO for 5 years, a pretty significant length of time considering.  So I'm looking at my resume over the last 10 years and there are five companies closed/bought out. I have been in contact with a company I worked for from 1997 to 2003 ...

So.........corporate Offices Are Closed Today. Bet They Are Paid For It And NOT From Their PTO.
Jan 20, 2014

x ...

Codes, Coach, Closed Healing Which Is Not Going To Show Up On X-ray
Dec 09, 2014

Doing an orthopod Dr.  He says "At this point this is mostly (coach, codes, closed?) healing which is not going to show up on x-ray.  This is a 7-year-old boy with a left clavicle fracture.  Think it might be "closed".  Can't find coach or codes.  Any ideas if "closed" would be right? ...

Doctor Says "the Anterior (cease/seeze) Was Closed
Feb 15, 2010

Operative report, Doctor says "the anterior (cease/seeze) was closed  -PLEASE HELP!! ...

Patient With Closed Head Injury - S/P *athacy* And Seizure. Thanks. Nm
Mar 26, 2010

nm ...

Who Would Have Copy Of Medical Transcription Certificate School Closed
Apr 12, 2010

Hi, I need my transcription certificate from Tennessee Career College which I graduated from in 2006. The school is now closed and I have misplaced original certificate. Who would have a copy of that. The Dept of Education? Thanks Lesnbek ...

Suture Help Please
Sep 26, 2011

I never ran into this before!   How to type "0" sutures. Thanks! ...

S/l F-set Suture? F Said Suture?
Jul 06, 2013

I started with fixation of the _____ suture   (s/l F-set or Fsaid)   ty! ...

Suture On A S/l CT5
Jun 12, 2015

running 5-0 Gortex suture on a s/l CT5.   ...

Neuro Eval For Headache. There Is No Pain On S/l Bal-ak-man Of The Eyes Through Closed Eyelids.
Oct 01, 2014

x ...

Suture S/l V-Lock?
Dec 30, 2009

Abdominal wound closed in layers using 3-0 Vicryl, 3-0 "V-Lock" and 3-0 Caprosyn.  ...

Type Of Suture Help
Apr 07, 2010

Subsequently, this lead was secured to the left ventricular fascia using two separate [?] sutures.  The leads and the device were subsequently placed in the pocket and the device was secured to the left pectoral fascia using a single [?] suture. ...