A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

baby weight - longtermmt

Posted: Sep 02, 2010

doing labor and delivery, on prior report QA changed 9 lbs to 9lbs, which is correct or should pounds be spelled out?  I was taught 9 lbs 15 oz but not sure if that is correct now?

lbs-pounds - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
Using lbs or pounds is really company specific; there is no BOS rule stating one way or the other. However, there should definitely be a space between 9 and lbs; 9 lbs, not 9lbs. Not sure why QA would have changed it.

Hope this helps!

Similar Messages:

Is It Weightbear Or Weight Bear Or Weight-bear?
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

ECMO Baby
Feb 24, 2012

She remains on flows of approximately 120 mL per kilo with PO2s in the 60s to 80s on 100% oxygen. Her --- sleep or sweep? ----is currently 0.4, and her PCO2s ...

THR - S/l Baby Killer - SM
May 28, 2013

Been doing this 30 years and this is a new one on me - dr going very fast, and no matter how I slow him down, it still s/l he is saying - ".....with the hip turned in internal rotation, a baby killer was placed into the neck with a Cobra placed medially....."   I cannot document any type of instrument that s/l this on Google anywhere.  Lots of stuff comes up, but nothing legitimate.  Is this a nickname for something?  Is this really what he is saying? ...

S/l Metoprolol 12.5 Mg As A Baby?
Jul 20, 2013

Doctor after each medication dosage says "as a baby".  do they mean a baby dose or what?? ...

Baby Heart Examination
Jan 14, 2011

Doc says: Infant has a s/l "recto or pecto 6 glabratum deformity." I can find the words "glabrata" and "glabratum" but I have no clue about the other things, or even if I'm hearing them correctly. Please help! ...

Working With A New Baby At Home....
Mar 15, 2011

Hi all :)   I wondered if I might be able to get some advice from those of you who have worked from home with a new baby.  My baby was born in February and I'm due to start back to work soon.  I have an older boy, but I worked outside the home with him.  My baby is breast fed, which makes me wonder about how you handled frequent feedings.  Also, I wanted to know what you used if you needed to keep typing but be able to hold the baby as well.  I thought I would ...

HIPAA - Yeah, Baby.....
Jun 16, 2013

Federal Agents Now Invade Hospital Exam Rooms, Thanks to HIPPA 15 Jun 2013 health care, the federal government by Stephen M Wahl MD in Share8 I recently endured my third round of invasion by the Joint Commission, or JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations). I am still reeling from the experience. Without my consent and without warning, the investigator invited herself into the sanctum of our exam room, explaining that she had ver ...

Weight Bear
Oct 12, 2010

Is it weight bear or weightbear - one or two words?  My spell check says two words by QA says one.  What I found on my own that it actually should be bear weight.  Now I'm really confused.  TIA for any opinions. ...

Weight Is 124 And 3/4 Pounds
Jun 01, 2011

I don't get this whole weight thing. There are 16 ounces in a pound. How do you transcribe 124 and 3/4 pounds? When the doc said 212 and a half pounds, I put 212.8 lbs because there are 16 ounces in a pound and half of that would be 8 ounces, but it was changed to 212.5 lbs, which to me says 212 pounds 5 ounces. So, how would you type 124 and 3/4 pounds? TIA! ...

Weight Gain
Feb 26, 2013

Doctor is talking about 14-year-old patient who is gaining weight, then says, "patient's family looked like they are (s/l nonforithan people). She has no signs of Cushings and blood work was normal. He is referring her to a dietitian. Any ideas on "nonforithan" people would be greatly appreciated. ...

Just Had A Baby And Trying To Get Back To Working...impossible!
Dec 23, 2009

I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and I am trying to start back working which I am finding impossible.  I posted about this before I had my baby and a lot of you said that it was possible to work with a newborn......How!?  I am so stressed out because I need to start back working because we need the money but everytime I try to she starts crying or needs something.  For those of you who have experience with this, how did you work with a newborn in the house?  Please any tips and ...

Baby Was Delivered By National Delivery.
Sep 24, 2010

Guess they took over for the stork?  My ASR has also taken a holiday from all small words today:  is, was, the, and, then, etc.  I guess it has been threatened to be more productive also.  Just skip half the words and voila -- twice the production.  That gets really tedious hour after hour.  Disclaimer:  I am happy to have a job.  Do not wish to find another one.  Too old for career change.  Thank you. ...

When Baby Boomers Finally Hang It Up
Nov 25, 2012

What will all the big MTSOs do then?  There are classes in my town for MT training and all have been suspended or eliminated due to lack of interest.  No surprise there!  I hit 60 in 2 more months and like some who posted below, I was going to keep working for years, even part time while getting my SS.  With yet another "take over" by a huge MTSO (Nuance), I am just hanging on until I hit 62 or so, and then hanging this sorrowful profession up in the closet, where it surely h ...

OK, I'm Tired Of Hearing Baby Aspirin.
Feb 20, 2014

Babies cannot take aspirin. I suggest a revolt.  How about we starting transcribing "bear aspirin."   Just need a smile today. ...

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...

Concumbant Weight Loss??
Aug 30, 2010

He did have an incombutant/concubant/intontubant/?? 5 to 10 pund weight loss over the past 1 to 2 weeks. ...

Felitional Weight Loss?
Feb 24, 2011

The patient had a (Sounds like "felitoinal" ) 42 pound weight loss.    TIA! ...

2-pound Weight Loss Or .....
Oct 01, 2011

He has had a 2-pound weight loss. 2-pound, two-pound, two pound.... or something else?   Thanks!   ...

Weight Bear Or Weightbear
Nov 03, 2011

weight bear - two words or one (weightbear)  ? Rule of thumb, I always type it as two, weight bear, but one if weightbearing. Anyone know if this is correct? Please and thanks! ...

Baby Has GI Problems And Developed Medical Neck??
Jan 27, 2010

I cannot confirm this anywhere.  She says it a few times.  GI problems with baby developing medical neck.  ...

Birth Weight Or Birthweight? 1 Or 2 Words?
Jun 09, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Are both ways correct?  TIA ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Baby Having Seizures, On The Other Hand, Towards The End Of The Record The Overall Pattern Does Sugg
Jun 20, 2011

xx ...

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

Pt Has Been Taking S/l Bontrel Or Montrel Or Monitrel Therapy For Weight Loss (a Pill).
May 14, 2010

Monitrel ...