A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would you hyphenate cross country - as in...

Posted: Jul 18, 2011

The patient is from X and travelled cross country on a tricycle motorbike. 

May be a stupid question, but forgive me, it is Monday!!! 

Thanks!

Not in the instance you posted - Amber

[ In Reply To ..]
If it were used as a compound modifier such as "Pt took a cross-country trip" then I would hyphenate it.

cross country - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
You would hyphenate it if followed by a noun. For example cross-country race. I believe that would make a compound adjective.

Similar Messages:

To Hyphenate Or Not To Hyphenate, That Is The Question!
Mar 12, 2014

Her Lantus was changed to [twice daily or] twice-daily Levemir. Follow up with Dr. Whatshisface on [next available or] next-available basis. I'm never quite sure on these.  Anybody have a 'punctuation rule' or something I can use to help me make the correct choice? Thanks!  ...

Country Bouncing Hospital
May 23, 2012

Okay, many months ago my area lost an account overseas because, according to the CCM, there were way too many blanks and the client was not happy.  (Why they would think going overseas would make the work better, I don't know).  Not too long ago, that account has come back to US soil saying that there were still getting too many blanks.  Once again, they are complaining of too many blanks from the US MTs. I'm thinking that maybe the blank problem has nothing to do wit ...

S/l Cross Bride
Feb 18, 2010

This is an ENT report. The patient came in with headaches. This is in the objectiving findings section.  The doctor says "The patient does have a little bit of a s/l cross bride today." ...

This Is The Bridge I Cross
Apr 12, 2013

I could go into a lot of woes about MT work.  We all know how the industry is going.  I am in my 50s, and frankly I am just biding/doing my time.  My back is bad, my legs won't hold up for standing or walking too long, this computer has all but done my eyesight in.   ;) That being said, I do have to give the positives.  I made very good money for nearly 14 years.  I cand dress up or down,  work in my night gown, undies or whatever I deem appropr ...

US Companies Who Hire American MTs Outside Of Country
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know of stateside MTSOs who hire MTs outside of the country.  After 30 plus years will be retiring outside of USA and would like to continue to work. ...

ANY HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY HIRING IN-HOUSE?
Jan 04, 2012

I was wondering if there are any hospitals that are hiring full-time transcriptionists for in-house transcriptionists -- not MTSO companies -- but actual hospitals or clinics.  I might be willing to relocate.  ...

Guys, WHY Are People Across Our Country And Around The Planet
May 01, 2012

Don't think today was that big? When was the last time this happened? This is remarkable, and it is the beginning because it has to be. International business has institutionalized exploitation and ruthless profiteering to the point that there has to be change. Notice that other countries are no longer willing to be where companies go to pay pennies instead of dollars? This is good! This is something BIG building. Look for quiet ways to take a stand now and plan to find a way to build our ...

Working While Visiting A Foreign Country
Jun 12, 2012

Hi All, Because of family "emergency" I may have to go overseas for a few weeks.  I'd like to keep working because I don't have any leave available right now.  I'm wondering if any of you out there have ever brought your laptop and worked from a foreign country.  If so, were there any technical issues?  I know some websites have their access blocked from certain parts of the world and I'm wondering if DocQScribe and DocQManage have any issues like that. ...

Cross Clamped With S/l BV Jake?
Nov 21, 2011

I am typing an ophthalmic surgery report and am currently stumped on the name of an instrument.  As follows... "There was not a lot of preaponeurotic fat, but what was there was dissected gently off the surface of the levator, cross-clamped with a s/l BV Jake, and then excised using Westcott scissors." Would appreciate any help!  Can't find it with Google.      ...

My Turn In The Cross-hairs
Apr 08, 2013

I have suddenly been getting audited at least 3 times a week. Lots of little "and" versus "the" type errors. Plus, now I'm so nervous I've started making stupid mistakes. I figure I'll be one of the next group to go. I've been doing this since 1978 and I don't know anything else. I just feel stupid. And hopeless. ...

Crossclamp Or Cross Clamp
Aug 08, 2013

"removed the crossclamp" or removed the cross clamp"?  ...

Cross-scripting On This Web Site - Sm
Oct 11, 2013

Does anybody know what that is and how not to get it? ...

It's Officially May 1st For Parts Of The Country - Anyone Striking Today?
May 01, 2012

Since it's official "D-Day," was just wondering if anyone was actually calling off today. If you're off today, hope you're having fun and making the most of it! ...

Country-wide Strike In India Today
May 31, 2012

Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in work because of this? My accounts are still pretty low. ...

Help? I Need Two Names To Give As References. I Live In The Country
Feb 09, 2013

supervisor at a company I've been with for years, the others having disappeared with a wave of the corporate wand at various times. I haven't told her I'm leaving yet and am a little afraid of the reaction; she's good at her job but can be...volatile. So, if anyone could help me, please e-mail, and I'd be happy to reciprocate.  ...

S/l Cross Your Heart Pressure Dressing
May 04, 2011

This same ENT doctor says this type of a dressing over and over, and I have yet to find it.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

How, Or Would You Even, Hyphenate This?
Jul 17, 2010

... a three and a half week old infant WWYGD? ...

Would You Hyphenate?
Dec 08, 2010

before and after photo? tia ...

Would You Hyphenate This?
Jan 07, 2011

high grade PIN  or  high-grade PIN  -- iin reference to prostate cancer, I find it both ways.   Thank you. ...

Where, If At All, Would You Hyphenate This
Feb 09, 2011

...failure to place the patient in a left side down position to avoid injury  " left side down " is my question - the rest is just for context.   Thank you. ...

Hyphenate This?
Apr 16, 2015

To you QA editors: Does anyone hyphenate open-heart surgery?   ...

Why Do We Hyphenate 7-French, But Not 7 Cm
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

Hyphenate 4 X 2 X 2 Cm Mass
Jan 28, 2010

Should "2-cm" be hyphenated?  I know if it was just 2-cm mass it would be.  In this case, 4 x 2 x 2 is still describing "mass" but it does not look right this way 4 x 2 x 2-cm mass. Ugh, it should still be hyphenated, huh?  Anyone? ...

Hyphenate This Word?
Apr 20, 2010

Do you think "colostomy deep" should be hyphenated in the following sentence: "The soft tissue and the bowel lumen measure 8 cm in length and have a 6 x 3.5 cm margin of the colostomy deep to the subcutaneous tissue." The phrase colostomy deep doesn't make sense to me. Thanks.   ...

Do You Hyphenate With The Metric System?
Aug 30, 2010

So I am unclear whether # ranges use the word "to" between metric units or the hyphen, Please help!! ex: 3-3.5 cm   or    3 to 3.5 cm? ...

Hyphenate? 3/4 Inch Skin Incision?
May 19, 2010

Blood loss was essentially nil as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision. Should it be 3/4-inch skin incision? Thank you. ...

The "Blog" Mentality Is Something Our Country And Industry Should Fear
Jul 18, 2012

There is a discussion below about blogs. I've felt for a long time that the whole idea of blogging has some danger flags. First, bloggers talk to us. They represent one philosophy or present facts from one person's viewpoint. Readers can often reply, but any dissenting viewpoints are quickly shut down. Independent thinking is discouraged in a number of ways. We are told what to think, what movies or TV shows to watch, what jobs we should take, what books we should read. It's usual ...

"citrullinated Cross-linked Peptides"? Rheumatology Labs
May 20, 2011

Doc is referring patient for labs to rule out rheumatoid arthritis.  He's listed these a million times and always says "CCP level."  This time he said "citrullinated cross-linked peptides."  I'm thinking he just doesn't know what CCP stands for, as I can only find "cyclic citrullinated peptide".  He's not a rheumatologist, but then again, neither am I.  Can someone with rheumatology experience weigh in? ...

Blue Cross/Blue Shield Versus MQ HRA....
May 30, 2011

I'm considering dropping to PT from FT.  I guess I'll lose my medical benefits, such as it is.  I checked on the Blue Cross/BS site and for one of the "affordable" plans for an individual, the monthly premiums/deductibles, etc. are about the same.  At first I was thinking I couldn't afford to go to PT as I need medical benefits, but now I'm not so sure.  Has anyone dumped MQ's HRA from United and gone Blue Cross and are happy with it?  ...

How To Type Invasive "tubular Lobular" Carcinoma. Hyphenate?
Nov 12, 2010

She's clearly saying two words.  :) ...