A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the right way to write Hepatitis-lock these days - confused

Posted: Oct 12, 2011

?

me again - still confused

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL - My shortcuts works here too. That should read Hep-lock.

Hep-Lock is a brand name - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
according to Quick Look Drug Book, so it should be capped. Many docs use it as a verb as well, so when the context is clearly meant as such I use lower case, i.e., hep-lock or hep-locked. In any case, you will be correct if you use caps.

Slang - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can't use slang, as "hep" is slang, then it would be heparin lock Brand name is Hep-Lock, generic is heparin lock.

Similar Messages:

Silver Lock And/or Biosilver Lock
Jan 25, 2014

Shoulder arthroscopy. "Using the Scorpion I passed a FiberTape through the anterior and posterior aspect of the tear.  We then obtained the punch for the s/l bio silver lock, punched the above laterally, put the sutures through the eyelet of the bio silver lock and impacted the above, getting the tear back down to its normal footprint." ...

Hepatitis C
Mar 31, 2012

He suspects he contracted hepatitis C s/l NB at that time. Doesn't sound like HCV either. Any ideas anyone? ...

Hepatitis
Dec 26, 2012

My QA tells me that hepatitis A, B and C must be capitalized and hyphenated, i.e., Hepatitis-A, Hepatitis-B, Hepatitis-C.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  ...

S/l Sceata Of Hepatitis?
Oct 22, 2009

Under diagnosis:   S/L sceata of hepatitis?   TIA ...

Hepatitis Testing
Apr 17, 2010

Hepatitis testing:  Hepatitis cAb IgG serum reactive, hepatitis C RNA - s/l QLBPC positive. Not really sure about any of this, but I have no idea what he is saying at the s/l.   thanks ...

Hepatitis Question
Jan 07, 2011

Patient had a liver biopsy done and it revealed s/l ste-attle hepatitis, which I cannot find.   ...

Capitalize H In Hepatitis?
Jan 23, 2011

Do you capitalize the H in hepatitis C? ...

Steal Hepatitis?
Feb 11, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of steal hepatitis? The doctor says this: "persistent enzyme elevation probably due to ___ hepatitis" ...

Hepatitis-B Medicine?
May 20, 2011

The doctor says "He is apparently on medications for s/l Riata hepatitis-B"   Any ideas.  I don't even know if this is a drug or what?  Thanks for any help! ...

Lock Out
Mar 14, 2010

Just finished my day.  I ended up with over 8 hours as the jobs kept coming.  I guess the lock-out is not working which is fine....but I will probably hear about it later. ...

Lock Down
Sep 21, 2010

Is anyone still on lock down?  Our group has been cancelled many times, just wondering if it still exists, or has been cancelled. ...

Under ROS, Would Hepatitis Be Considered A Bleeding Dyscrasia?
May 05, 2011

x ...

S/l Chronic Small Drain Hepatitis B
Feb 15, 2012

s/l Chronic small drain hepatitis B ...

Hepatitis C Viral Load 6 X 10 To The 6th Copies?
Jun 04, 2013

Is that correct?  He says Hepatitis C.  Most recent viral load was 6 x 10 to the 6th copies. ...

Suture S/l V-Lock?
Dec 30, 2009

Abdominal wound closed in layers using 3-0 Vicryl, 3-0 "V-Lock" and 3-0 Caprosyn.  ...

Do They Really Lock You Out Of Getting In DQS Outside Your Schedule?
Feb 15, 2012

We just received the Rewards booklet (more than 1 week after I became an MModal employee). Do they really lock you out of the system outside of your schedule?  Thanks for this info and any other advice (other than run like ****, lots are trying to do that already).   ...

COMPUTER LOCK UP
Sep 04, 2012

I was typing a long report (on the 7.1).  All of a sudden the screen went blank, and then  I was back at my desktop.  There was nothing to click on.  I did ALT/CTRL/DELETE, and still nothing.  Finally after trying for 10 minutes to get in and get my report back (I could still hear the person dictating), I had to reboot my computer.  Well, the report was not there, and now NJA.  Remember when this happened on the old system, it saved the report to us, and w ...

So Has This Lock Out Thing Happened Yet Or What?
Apr 20, 2010

The date changes so much I'm just not sure.  All I know is that when my shift is over, the jobs keep on coming in.  I thought we'd be able to type the one we are in plus one in the queue and that's it......   ...

In Addition To Lock Out Notice
Jun 01, 2011

e-mail contains following:  "If you tuly cannot work because you are sick-you need to either immediately go in an put in a PTO request or you need to let me know the times and dates you are going to be making up your time." Not only are we expected to work within 15 minutes of our shift, but now we also must plan our illnesses! ...

I Believe The Lock-out Has Started Early. Just Got NJA 4 Minutes
Mar 08, 2010

to go in my shift and there are plenty of jobs on the backlog on all my accounts.  If this is how it works --I dont like it.  I had to take a little bit longer lunch break and was going to work a little extra--- guess not -LOL! Anyone else had this today? ...

WHY Does Report Look Up LOCK UP? (warning, Just A Rant)....
Mar 21, 2010

I put the correct info in, the client facility number, etc, and it will begin to load, and then slowly, I will get 1 green bar, 2 green bars (over the course of several minutes, now 5 to be exact) and it will just lock up there....I have NO time to wait for it to load.... And another thing, on the search page where you can click on "use my company number" --WHY is this there?  That is where you put the facility number?  So stupid.  Okay, I don't expect any answers to this q ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

All-Write Transcription
Dec 03, 2009

Has anyone heard of or worked for this transcription company?  If so, what are your thoughts and more specifically on average how many billable monthly lines are available at this transcription company?  Is the work steady or sporadic?  Thanks in advance for your comments. ...

How To Write COPD
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type COPD in a discharge diagnosis.....COPD or to spell it out?   Thanks:) ...