A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Verb agreement... - kh

Posted: Apr 22, 2010

I was wondering if I should change the verbs in this paragraph so they are all the same tense.  "He understood and agreed to proceed. On the left lateral decubitus position, the patient was sedated...video colonoscope is advanced into the rectum and up to about 30 cm. Soft solid stool is encountered at this point...scope was slowly withdrawn..."  Should I change these so they match or leave it the way he dictated it?

I usually leave it, unless there is disagreement - within a sentence, but sm

[ In Reply To ..]
my current job is pretty darned verbatim. Might be different if you have more license to make changes.

Unless your account is verbatim... - rqCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would correct the grammar.

Similar Messages:

Orthovisc Verb Form?
Nov 19, 2012

The doctor said "orthovisced her right knee". Should it be lowercase like steri-stripped? This is a verbatim account. I'm not finding "orthovisced" as a proper term, but he is talking about Orthovisc. TIA ...

My Doctor Used Syncope As A Verb - Is This Spelled The Same?
Sep 26, 2010

My doctor used syncope as a verb - is the spelling the same?  the patient was going to syncope. Thanks for any help.  dotm ...

Agreement?
Dec 29, 2011

Hi After having a bad expereince where a doctor didnt pay me I need to have a signed agreement.  Does anyone know where i might obtain a sample agreement/contract? thanks   ...

None Compete Agreement
Jun 30, 2011

One more morning, and I've logged in to find no work.  Granted, it's the end of a pay period and folks have probably been up all night trying to capitalize on what few lines there have been.  Management is pretty tight lipped these days.  Just lost my longest best account recently.  That really sucked. . .  This is getting desperate, because unless some work comes in today -- I won't make my lines for another pay period (this will be the third in a row). ...

Business Associate Agreement
Nov 14, 2014

Does anyone know where to get a free printable/downloadable Business Associate Agreement (template) that I can have my transcription subcontractors sign? It needs to be one with the 2013 Omnibus rule included. I have looked all over but can't find anything adequate yet. Thank you! ...

Who Is Responsible For Providing A HIPAA Agreement
Mar 19, 2011

I have been doing MT for over four years now and have been working for other MTSOs. I am now ready to try to get my own contracts and have been doing lots of research, but what I can't seem to find out is who is responsible for providing a HIPAA agreement, me or the doctor (covered entity). I found on the Department of Health & Human Services website some sample contract language, but I'm just not clear if I need to put language in my contract with the doctor to cover this , or if the ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...