A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Urology op - Stent replacement - Sherry

Posted: Jun 26, 2015

Need help on urology op report.  Both blanks below sound like "crawl".  Does this fit?

Thanks...... 

A 0.03 guidewire was passed up the stent and allowed to _____ on the upper pole.

The guidewire was again replaced and a 7-French x 24 double J was placed over the guidewire and allowed to _____ on the renal pelvix and bladder. 

Urology stent - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe the word you are looking for is coil.

Thanks KCMT! (nm) - Sherry

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Urology Op Note...very Clearly Says "Versi Stent" But I Cannot Find This..sm
Jul 02, 2012

Has anyone heard of this.  He is pretty clear... 4.7-French versi stent was inserted.  Any help appreciated! TIA! ...

Cardiac Stent S/l "Darmidal" Stent
Jul 27, 2012

"Patient had s/l Dermidal/Damidol stent placed in the right coronary artery." I checked my Tessier book and it has nothing beginning with a "D" sound for this stent. Any ideas? This is an ESL doc so it could be anything.  Maybe it's Damniitall?! ...

Urology Help Please
May 23, 2013

Ureteroscopy, stone extraction, renoscopy procedure.     ....on the left appeared to show possible s/l "acousion" in the renal pelvis.     I "think" he is trying to say acoustic, as in an acoustic shadow.  Any form of the word "acoustion" I cannot verify.  Am I completely off base here?  Any ideas? ...

Urology Help
Jul 16, 2014

Obstruction was confirmed by urodynamic testing. Patient had good _______ (s/l "letresure) function. She underwent abdominal sacrocolpoxpopexy...    Thanks for any help. ...

Do You Capitalize Urology?
Jul 30, 2010

I need help with capitalization. I have myself confussed with some of the ruling for departments and services.  With this sentence: The perineum and vagina were prepped and draped and the ureteral stent was placed by urology service.  Do you capitalize urology?  Thank you ...

Dictation On Urology
Nov 15, 2010

transcribing dictation on urology.  Rectal: On digital rectal exam, the prostate is flass without firmness or nodularity. I can't seem to make out if the doctor is saying flass or flash or flac. He is definitely saying without firmness or nodularity. ...

PSA Values-urology
Apr 25, 2011

Ok.  I have a question about how to properly transcribe PSA values.  In every previous job I have had transcribing urology notes, I was told that if they give you a single number like 1,2,3..to transcribe it as 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.  I would get in trouble if I left off the .0 after the number.  I also think this looks better on paper.  However, my editor on this account (who I think is very old-school) says to leave the .0 off.  What do you guys think? I already had ...

Urology Consult
Jun 10, 2011

Epididymides are nontender.  He has pain with inguinal hernia examination.  He has pain with cord manipulation.  He has pain with manipulation of _______ tendon and insertion.  SL gastroc? ...

Urology Procedure
Jul 17, 2014

"On transrectal ultrasound and prostate biopsy his ________ (s/l "line urge") was 74.36 cc," ...

Urology - Haman Sounds?
May 10, 2010

I'm transcribing a urology procedure note.  The patient has a urethral stricture and doc is doing a cystoscopy.  He states he "dilated the stricture with s/l Haman sounds". TIA for any help! ...

Urology/nephrology Word
Jan 18, 2012

Direct Microlaryngoscopy - Urology
Aug 30, 2012

I am doing a direct microlaryngoscopy report.  Could this be right?  It sounds exactly like urology. A urology 30 degree endoscope was used to complete the examination.  This was placed in the tumor identified.     Thanks! ...

Pediatric Urology Procedure Term
Dec 14, 2009

This is a letter from a peds urologist re: a child almost 1 year old. I was able to see_____in our Pediatric Urology Clinic for follow up after her repeat s/l "De-hooks"  procedure which was done in August of 2009. Her postoperative ultrasound revealed no significant hydronephrosis and her known right smaller than left kidney. ...

Urology Op File, What Does TUBE Stand For?
Jun 12, 2015

This is a urology op report, and this account has strict expansion of all abbreviations, but i cannot find what TUBE stands for.  He spells it out very clearly.  It is not TURP or TURBT..... Im guessing transurethral bladder excision, but i have no clue.  Help!  ...

Urology, MD Says Urned/earned Infertility Expert.? Nm Tia
Nov 09, 2009

nm ...

Urology Help. S/l Beevuan Needle For Fistula Repair
Apr 23, 2012

Would really appreciate any help with this "needle" please.  A child is having a fistula repair.  Thank you.   Next, 1% Xylocaine with 1:100,000 epinephrine was infiltrated subcutaneously around the subcoronal fistula site for hemostasis and a circular incision was marked around the fistula tract.  This incision was made with a 15 scalpel blade superficially through the epithelium only.  Using 6-0 PDS sutures on a * s/l beevuan* needle as traction sutures, the surroundi ...

Knee Replacement - Sm
Oct 16, 2009

Everytime he does an exam for someone after a knee replacement he says: "Range of motion is stable. (?) is intact.  The calf is supple and nontender." It sounds like (caution???).  I am sure that is not it, but that is the closest s/l. Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.  ...

S/l Polyne Replacement
Mar 24, 2010

The patient is not quite 3 months postoperative revision of the S/L polyne replacement on his right knee.   tia. that is the only sentence to give the s/l. There is no other information I can give throughout the dictation to help. sorry. ...

Ortho/Hip Replacement
Jun 17, 2011

Revision hip replacement.  Doc states pt has a s/l Salzer medical center pulse natural hip...?  Any clues?  ...

Hip Replacement Question
Jul 07, 2011

We decided that the "plus 8" hip ball would be appropriate.  Would that be transcribed +8 or plus 8 hip ball?  ...

Replacement Keyboard
Dec 03, 2011

Is it just me, or is the keyboard that came with the Dell computer the worst keyboard ever?  I can hardly type with it.  The keys are hardly elevated at all, my hands keep sliding to other keys.  After today, I am going to buy another keyboard. ...

PC2 Knee Replacement?
Jul 09, 2014

Doctors dictates what sounds like patient had a "unicondylar or a PC2 knee replacement."  Is PC2 correct?  Can't find any documentation of this.  Thanks!  ...

Knee Replacement
Nov 25, 2014

struggling with a clinic note regarding knee replacement. Knees are postive ---- in both, right is particularly bad. It is extremely loose.   missing word sounds like it starts with a 'd'.   ...

Hormone Replacement Therapy
Jan 08, 2010

I cannot quite get the name of this combination.  It sounds like estradial Megoxy? progesterone estese ? Can someone help?  ...

Is There S/l Ultrex Liner For A Hip Replacement?
Feb 04, 2010

s ...

S/l D-TOR For Thyroid Replacement Given At 60 Mg 3 Grains
Mar 19, 2010

x ...

Ankle Replacement Surgery
Nov 12, 2010

Has anyone heard of what s/l a DADUM being used in a STAR ankle surgery?  I've researched as many spellings as my imagination can think of and still cannot find anything on Google. Thanks! ...

Knee Replacement Surgery????
Jan 10, 2011

I am wondering would it make sense to say "She had some tenderness with palpation "near the border" of the patella.  Or would it be better to type "She had some tenderness with palpation of the knee "above" the patella." I am not sure what I am hearing. Thanks. ...

Haze?? Hip Replacement Surgery
Jan 30, 2012

"*Haze* were exited out through separate puncture wounds inferior and lateral to the incision." I don't think the sound-alike is really "haze." It just sounds that way. The sentence "Two large Hemovac drains were placed at the depth of the joint." was dictated before the sentence above. I thought maybe "haze" could be "drains", but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help! ...

PSE Poly. Total Knee Replacement. Does
Mar 29, 2011

what the correct expanded form of this would be?  It is a TKR.  I think PS might be posterior stabilized, but I am stumped with the rest.  Check on Google, went to Biomet Vanguard site.  No help.  TIA ...