A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tinel sign shows "diffuse axium" sm - Terri

Posted: Dec 15, 2010

... and noticed only a weakly positive Tinel sign on the left, but certainly in just a little bit of "disuse axium"  all muscles (median and ulnar) of both hands, but it was minimal and not that out of line with his stated age of 79.

It actually sounds like disuse, but thought diffuse.  Second word sometimes sounds like ax fume, lol  Thanks. 

Maybe disuse atrophy? - lexluther

[ In Reply To ..]
It may be a long shot. Sorry if that doesn't help. :(

you mean DIFFUSE ATROPHY??? - mam

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, I meant "disuse" - lexluther

[ In Reply To ..]
Found in Stedmans ortho word book. But hey, thanks for the all caps response. It really woke me up.

Thanks! That is exactly what he is slurring! - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

Similar Messages:

S/l Tinel Valow Sign?
Nov 04, 2009

thanks ...

Tinel's Question
Aug 30, 2011

He does have a limitation of extension in the right elbow.  No evidence of Tinel’s at s/l the kegel tone?  I am not sure what he is saying.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Just Had QA Change "Tinel" To "Tinel's"
Dec 16, 2010

I don't like it without the 's either, but I thought the "gold standard" now wanted all the 's dropped?  Can't we ever all get on the same page?  Also changed C6-7 to "C6 to C7."  I have been chastized for that before also when I put it many moons ago.  Jeeze Louise.  Give me more coffee.  Starting out as a long day already.  ...

Tinel's And <sickleseen?> Signs ?
Apr 12, 2012

I have a doctor who, under the neurological exam section, says, Deep tendon reflexes were intact.  Tinel's and <s/l sickelseen> signs were both negative. Romberg was negative..." Thanks to anyone who might have a clue! ...

Diffuse Debility?
Apr 07, 2010

Does diffuse debility make sense?  It sure sounds like diffuse.  It does not sound like he is saying decreased.  Thanks.  ...

Diffused Diffuse
May 31, 2011

Is it the patient has diffused arthritis or is the patient has diffuse arthritis? ...

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

The Patient Had An Ultrasound Of The Scrotum Which Showed Diffuse Mental Health Rigidity
Jul 02, 2010

Hahahaha. ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

Diffuse Cerebral Edema With Loss Of The Normal S/l "so-ki"
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions? ...

After Application Of Acetowhite, There Was Diffuse Acetowhite Change Over The Entire Mucosa.SM
Nov 20, 2009

is this correct?  After application of acetowhite??? when I look up acetowhite it tells me that it is a white-appearing epithelium.... so how can there be an application of this? ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Diffuse "modeling" Of Thigh?
Jan 31, 2011

Is that right? Can't find anything about it. Dictator is referring to the color of the thigh on physical exam. TIA ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

No Shows
Dec 16, 2012

My TSM is fired up today cuz lots and lots of no shows for shifts and nearly every account is out of TAT.    Why does this surprise her with the news that we received last week?   It was hard enough, and then they make it even harder to make a near poverty living.    ...

Abd. Exam, Negative "Boyd's" Sign Or "void" Sign??
Jul 31, 2010

CT Abdomen Shows (sm)
Apr 29, 2010

compression fracture and marked ?"Gibbles" deformity.   Patient is several years status post MVA with paraplegia, multiple surgeries, and complications.   Thank you so much for helping! ...

Research Shows - MTs Are Better!
Oct 10, 2011

We've always known it, but now the medical research is bearing out the same truth: MTs are more accurate than speech recognition. I try to keep track of studies like this; they're good ammunition! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21940580     ...

S/l Pharynx Shows PMG Changes
Jan 06, 2013

In physical examination, doctor describes pharynx with what sounds like PMG changes. P&G? PNG? BNG? Thank you in advance for any help! ...

Skin Exam Shows S/l So Lar El /an Tij En Ees
May 24, 2010

Skin exam shows s/l so lar el/ an tij en ees ( 2 words, I believe) and pigmented nevi.  ...

MRI Of The Brain With And Without Contrast Shows There Is No
Jul 21, 2010

evidence of acute infarct or significant abnormal intracranial enhancement.  There are a few scattered s/l *pho-ki* of T2 and flare hyperintense signal which are nonspecific.   ...

MRI Of The Hip Shows Multiloculated Subchondral
Feb 08, 2011

x ...

CT Scan Shows (something) Of The Thorax
Sep 28, 2011

"A CT scan shows ---- of the thorax." Sounds like "ess-cu-min-o-sis" but the audio is poor.  Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks! ...

My TL No Longer Shows Up On My Comagent
Nov 16, 2012

I just noticed today that my TL no longer shows up on my comagent.  I always keep it open on my desktop and can tell who is on and who isn't and her name is always there regardless of whether she is working or not and then today all of a sudden her name is gone.  Very strange.  Her email address still shows up though ...

Work Shows Up All Of A Sudden?
Apr 18, 2013

I've been sitting here all day with no work and all of a sudden 600 minutes shows up in one hospital in my BOB.  Where has it been all day?  I already signed off NJA.  ...

MM ASR Shows Off Even More Talent (in Not Being Accurate)
Nov 01, 2013

ASR replaced the dictated generic with the brand name of the drug. What the heck??? Now it is prescribing brand-name medications along with diagnosing patients and doing physical examinations. MM ASR is certainly multi-talented. ...

DQS Shows Yellow Light Now.....whatever That Means......
Jan 13, 2010

Red means it's down, green means it up...what does yellow mean?  Sigh.....I'm glad I came to this board first before starting my shift.  I was prepared for problems.......     ...

S/l The Faran Shows A Smooth Tongue
Mar 28, 2010

This is a physical exam and the word is broke up ...

Transcend Shows Its Appreciation For MT Week...
May 18, 2010

...with a pay cut.  Way to raise moral and keep employees happy guys!  Wow, wish I could think of a good way to return the favor and show my appreciation. ...

L Knee - MRI Shows A Likely Subcortical S/l Specular
Jun 15, 2011

x ...