A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Surgical probes - Shorty

Posted: Oct 04, 2011

Has anyone heard of a "Hibbs" probe for gynecological surgery?

lots of Hibbs in my surgery book, blade, chisel, gag, gouge, hammer, retractor - spinal fusion, sponge, etc., nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Probes
Jun 06, 2012

Has anyone heard of a "seca" probe.  ...

Surgical Bur
May 27, 2011

Orthopedic using diamond and s/l amnastic or amnestic bur...? ...

Surgical Hx - DCR X 3
Sep 18, 2011

Surgical hx includes DCR x3.  Nothing else in file helps with this. ...

Surgical Procedure
Nov 05, 2009

Under past medical history, s/l "Y" or "wide" procedure for aortic blockage. Can't find either relating to surgery.  Help? ...

Surgical Screw
Dec 03, 2009

In a total hip arthroplasty, s/l "Kinsella" screw was added for additional fixation. Can't find that screw. ...

Name Of Surgical Instrument
Apr 27, 2010

Has anyone heard of a mohorner ? He is doing a left thyroid lobectomy and says:  A mohorner was then utilized in order to create exposure with the midline strap muscles incised longitudinally.    ...

Surgical Drill S/l Kli-oid
Apr 29, 2010

Doing a cervical spine surgery.  The kli-oid drill, 12 mm, was used to drill down 18 mm with four drill passes. ...

Surgical History
Jun 08, 2010

In past surgical history - s/l andrognesis neuropathy ...

Need Surgical Word Help
Aug 09, 2010

I am working on a report in Head and Neck Surgery. It sounds like the doctor dictates "Bilateral poloethmoidectomy" as a procedure. I am not able to locate any such spelling. Need help. Thank you in advance. ...

Surgical Incision
Aug 31, 2010

Type of incision for sigmoidectomy and rectopexy - sounds like fantaseal. ...

Surgical Word Help
Nov 12, 2010

I am listening to a surgical report for an appendectomy. It sounds like the doctor dictates that the appendix is supplelative in nature but not perforated. Is the word suppleative or what could it be? I am not able to find such a word description. ...

Surgical Instrument?
Nov 26, 2010

orthopedic surgeon dictating "we did a subacromial bursectomy with a 4.3 mm Couda/Cooda?" ...

Surgical Report Help
Dec 02, 2010

I am typing a surgical report. The doctor is saying something like " (Blank) local with digital block". Does he mean "10 minute local with digital block"? I can't for the life of me hear what he is saying nor can I find it online.   Any help would be great.   thanks ...

Surgical Drain
Apr 20, 2011

OR report for lumbar laminectomy.  A S/L DP Mac Drain was placed overlying the laminectomy site at L5-S1 and a superficial Hemovac was placed in the subcutaneous tissues as well. Thanks in advance... ...

NEM Surgical Block?
Apr 27, 2012

The patient had a cyst excised with with careful excision of the capsule of the cyst, s/l NEM block, and sent for pathological evaluation.  ...

Need Help With Surgical Material
May 01, 2012

Need help finding a surgical material that s/l fiblar? ...

Surgical Scissors
May 10, 2012

Subgaleal plane of the forehead was dissected using s/l Omni scissors?      ...

Help With Name Of Surgical Procedure
Oct 01, 2012

The name of the procedure sounds like either "dine-ee" or Gine-ee." (I can't tell if it starts with a 'D' or a 'G' with the way he's pronouncing it.   He dictates the patient had a hysterectomy, BSO, adhesions that required correction, removal of her gallbladder, and what sounds like a "dine-ee" (or "gine-ee") procedure. Thank you so much for your help!! ...

Surgical Notes
Oct 15, 2012

Did anyone who applied for the Surgical Notes position get a reply? ...

Surgical Burr HELP
Oct 17, 2013

This is an ortho procedure for a right patella fracture. Dictator said: An "onspock" pencil tip burr was then used to carve out a wedge block of iliac crest, and then this was further loosened and removed with a curved osteotome. s/l "on spock" TIA ...

Surgical Reference
Apr 21, 2015

I'm a seasoned transcriptionist, mostly doing acute care.  Struggling with op reports.  Does anyone know of a good reference book listing surgical instruments and supplies that I can use for a reference? ...

Surgical Anatomy Word
Apr 29, 2010

Bowel resection,  doc states " A 3-0 silk S/L "pop" was then used to create stay sutures at the S/L "tinu or tinea" border of the transverse colon as well as the antimesenteric border." Thanks in advance, I'm sure this is a simple word but I just can't think about what it is ...

Surgical / Operative Position
Jun 15, 2010

The patient was placed in a Maltern-dalenberg position.  (The procedure being performed is a total abdominal hysterectomy.    It sounds like Maltern-dalenberg.  This was also dictated in an ear lobe mass excision.  Any idea what the right word would be?  Thanks! ...

S/l Stinsky (surgical Tool?)
Sep 09, 2010

We divided the aorta between clips. We then placed a Stinski acrossthe entire renal hilum. ...

Surgical Procedure For Bunions..s/l (sm)
Oct 02, 2010

piper or pepper, maybe starts with a T, taper or tiber??  I just can't say if it starts with a P or a T?  TIA ...

Surgical Suture Question?
Nov 06, 2010

Hi Everyone.. Having a problem referencing this... He dictates.... "The interior fascia layers were closed with interrupted 1-0 pop-off Vicryl sutures." BUT I can't seem to find a reference for this. Everything else I've researched about "pop-off" sutures has it formatted with the name first: Vicryl pop-off sutures, etc. Is it set in stone, or just transcribe verbatim? thanks in advance..for any help or suggestions. Barb ...

Surgical Wound Bandaging...
May 17, 2011

Ok dictator sounds like he is saying..."Bulky dressing of bulky cotton held in place with (Webble) covered with (Kryllix) wraps...."  so maybe he is saying Kerlix wraps but what is Webble????? Any help with both words will be greatly appreciated. HELP!!!!! ...

Surgical Equipment Site
May 17, 2011

Does anyone have a good site for surgical equipment and devices.  I'm looking for a suspension gallows that s/l zytel.  The line is ' the patient was placed in suspension using a s/l zytel gallows'.  Anybody got any ideas?  I'm still a student and prepping for my final so that site would be useful. ...

Question About Surgical Reports
May 30, 2011

Need a little advice.  I had worked for a university hospital and acute care hospitals doing ORs and now I am in a surgicenter and not really very interested.  It seems you do tons of these little procedures and get very little lines and I am not used to that.  I am used to big surgeries and enjoy it much more.  I like the company but several accounts are no longer there and this is what is available.  Not sure what to do.  ...

Cartier Surgical Instrument
Oct 10, 2011

I am doing a Da Vinci robot assisted surgical procedure and it sounds like they are using a cartier (card-e-air) instrument...spelling anyone?  Thanks!! ...