A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

S/l Benalyn two puffs PRN - Patient has a history of asthma. - tia nm

Posted: Oct 26, 2009

nm

asthma meds - sa

[ In Reply To ..]
I think he is saying Ventolin.
Just a suggestion- make lists for yourself of medications for different conditions to refer to when you don't know what the doctor is saying.
For example, asthma medications, hypertension medications...make a list and keep it where you can quickly refer to it. In some drug reference books you can look up medications by condition. When I was a new MT I used one of these (I think it was a nursing drug reference book) and that helped.

Thank you - that is very good thinking!! - tia nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

meds - sa

[ In Reply To ..]
There also websites that list drugs by disease. I often refer to an HIV medication list site and a chemotherapy drug site. Be careful, though, when using the Internet site, about the spelling of drug names and which are generic versus trade name. In the beginning at least reference books are better. I do a hem/onc accout and keep a list of chemotherapy drugs on my computer - I put them in alphabetical order. Like this, with the trade or generic in parentheses (I list them under both trade and generic so I can look them up either way.

Avodart (dutasteride)
azacitidine (Vidaza)
bendamustine
bevacizumab (Avastin)

Every time I hear a new drug I put it in my word expander with the correct spelling.

Sometimes it's hard to discern if the doctor is saying 15 or 50. So for drugs that come in 15 mg doses (but not 50) I make an expander that includes the dose.
temazepam 15 mg - tem15
hydralazine 50 mg - hyd50

medications - websites

[ In Reply To ..]
You can just put in a good search something like "asthma medications" etc. There are many websites that have complete lists. I sometimes do things like this when I do have a few minutes outside of work and one website can even lead to other ones you may find helpful. Still finding new websites after 35 years. Things change all the time.

I even subscribe to MTmonthly newsletter and there are always new meds and new information coming up all the time.

Similar Messages:

S/l Duo-tec. Pt Has A History Of Asthma, DM, Heart Disease, Polio, GERD.
Mar 03, 2010

x ...

Help! Doc Says Patient Has History Of S/l Avolutional (sm)
Sep 03, 2014

movements likely due to essential tremor.  I know volutional is voluntary but A-volution has to do with behavior.  Patient is well controlled so then I thought maybe "abolition of" but just not sure. ...

VR: The Patient Has A History Of Snorting Heroine ...
Feb 08, 2015

Which is why we still matter and why this guy can't get a date!! ...

Patient Has A Strong Family History Of Breast Cancer With Her
Oct 29, 2009

brother positive for s/l "brach-a-dean". ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

The Patient Has A History Of HIT Positive, Hence We Could Not Start Heparin Or Lovenox On Her And We
Feb 07, 2011

xx ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

Female's Social History, Dr Clearly Said Patient Lives At Home With Her Wife. I Left It SM
Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.   ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l Bowel-en-i-tis Bi-mo-sis. Pt Also Has A History Of Colon CA.
Jan 21, 2010

x   ...

Asthma
Aug 15, 2011

sounds like "trifoot" asthma and intermittent dyspnea.  ...

Asthma/COPD Med
Aug 03, 2010

The patient has asthma/COPD and in the medication list, she is said to be on (s/l enveerdiscus) 1 inhalation daily.  I cannot figure this one out. ...

Asthma Medication
Apr 18, 2011

s/l de-LAIRA ... the dosage is 20/5, two sprays twice a day. "This is a combination of an inhaled steroid and a long-acting bronchodilator"   Thank you. ...

Med S/l Spring Tak. All That Is Given For PMH Is Asthma.
May 18, 2011

x ...

S/l Lopidex 30 Mg Daily. Pt Has A Hx Of GERD, HTN And Asthma.
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Drug S/l Se-quel. Pt W/hx Of DM, Asthma, Depression
Jul 18, 2010

x ...

Drug S/l Di-vo-nase - Pt With Hx Of Asthma, ADHD, Epilepsy And
Aug 24, 2011

x ...

Hyphens- 3-day-history Or 3 Day History?
Nov 01, 2010

3-day-history or 3 day history? ...

Dr. Dictates OB History And GYN History
Aug 20, 2011

Doctor dictates "OB history" and "GYN history" on a Discharge Summary, under Past Medical history. Should I spell out Obstetric and Gynecological is it okay to leave as dictated. I forgot. jn ...

Drug S/l Bis-trol-ik. Pt Has PMH Of Heart Attack, HTN, Asthma, Kidney
Aug 22, 2010

x ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

S/l "Sim-backs" Medications For Asthma....
Nov 02, 2011

xx ...

Asthma And "samtristriad" ?
May 12, 2012

Sounds fairly clear - thanks for any help! ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

Above-listed History Or Above Listed History
Oct 19, 2009

I'm having a 4 am brain freeze and both/neither of these look correct. ...

Surgical History
Jun 08, 2010

In past surgical history - s/l andrognesis neuropathy ...

Where Is The History Of MT Recorded???
Dec 04, 2010

I need to find a credible source/s providing a detailed history of medical transcription - does anyone have any suggestions? I am a transcription supervisor writing a research paper on transcription for the degree program I'm currently in and the "history of" section I planned to include is proving pretty difficult to compose due to a severe lack of information. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. ...

A History Of S/l MSE Pulmonary
Sep 18, 2011

could be MSC or MSE pulmonary.  Thank you for any help. ...