A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Right breast ductal carcinoma - RaeRae

Posted: Apr 14, 2011

This is the sentence I am dealing with. I cannot figure out what CL would mean. I am leaning towards CA maybe. I am just not sure. Any ideas?

This lymph node was then clipped and ligated and removed from the s/l CL.

Right breast ductal carcinoma - AJ

[ In Reply To ..]
field

Got it, thanks - RaeRae

[ In Reply To ..]
I got it last night after listening to it a million times. Just slurring speech. Field is correct. THanks for all the good ideas.

CL is an abbreviation for clearance - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
The doctor may be referring to the surgical margins. They must remove tissue for a certain distance around a tumor to make sure they get it all and to prevent cancer cells from the tumor from spreading into the adjacent healthy tissue. Removing a little healthy tissue gives them a margin of safety.

Here is a sentence from a website on skin cancer surgery. "With 4-mm surgical margins, tumors appearing to be less than 2 cm in diameter had a greater than 95% clearance, while tumors clinically larger than 2 cm require at least 6-mm excision margins to achieve a greater than 95% clearance."

not to be disagreeing, but this doesn't make sense - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
given the contex of what the OP stated th surgeon said. A doctor never mentions CL while wielding a scalpel. The reference you cite is a pathology or training reference.

Thanks for pointing this out. - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
It is helpful to know when an answer is wrong so I don't make a mistake in my reports. Without the report in front of me, it is sometimes hard to know if something really fits. That's why I said "it may be" rather than "its correct." I would like to know the right answer for future reference.

What is the word after CL - see message

[ In Reply To ..]

What is the word after CL - is it pectoris?

Similar Messages:

Breast Ductal Carcinoma
Jan 05, 2010

Five mL of s/l "luguy" were injected in a circumferential manner around the previous biopsy site. ...

Ductal Carcinoma...is It T1b, N0?
Nov 04, 2009

xx ...

Ductal Carcinoma
Aug 05, 2010

The patient’s gauzes s/l removed/were moved Our attention was then returned to the axilla. The patient’s gauzes were moved. The axilla inspected and there was noted to be no bleeding. ...

Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia Of The Left Breast
Apr 29, 2012

The skin over the left entire breast was prepared with betadine solution. Sterile drapes were then applied. 1% valacane was caught.   1% valacane was caught doesn't seem right but that's what it sounds like she's saying. ...

Oncology ? Ductal Carcinoma (" Air Excession" BR10
May 07, 2011

Breast Carcinoma
Feb 01, 2011

Oncology doc - s/l "stepocarcinoma insitu"  Help?  Thanks in advance!   Thanks-you were right, it is ductal!  She has a weird way of saying it ...

S/l Diagnosed With Ductal Carcinoma In "slide Two"....
Feb 16, 2010

diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in "slide two" of the right breast, and is getting ready to undergo a lumpectomy.  Just wondering if this slide two is correct? Thanks, Abby ...

Bird Carcinoma (Breast)?
Dec 26, 2011

Usually very clear Indian doc is saying something that sounds just like "BIRD carcinoma, for which she underwent a mastectomy."  What the heck?  Any ideas? ...

Breast Biopsy Showed Invasive "die A Hesive" Carcinoma.
Aug 07, 2013

Biopsy of this right breast mass showed invasive "diahesive" carcinoma, ER positive, PR positive, and HER-2/neu negative (1+).   Doc says twice in document and sounds like Die a hesive both times. ...

The Left Breast Remains Swollen Compared To The Right Breast With Some S/l Po Durage Changes Of The
Dec 19, 2009

xx ...

Biopsy Report Reveals Fibrocystic Disease On The Right, Ductal CA On The Left. A S/l Resert Test Stu
Feb 06, 2010

I am hearing something like "resert" test study - any ideas? Thank you ...

Carcinoma
Aug 11, 2010

An additional segment of some enlarged 1s/l stand joint encountered, and these were also removed from the s/l field ...

Cancer Or Carcinoma
Dec 11, 2009

When the doctor dictates:  Mr. Frippenwapper has "colon CA" .... do you use 'cancer' or 'carcinoma' for the "CA" or do you just leave it as "CA" ? ...

Thyroid .... Carcinoma
Dec 19, 2009

I've got a muffle-mouth doctor who has the following sentence. Any help? Thanks much. She had undergone a total thyroidectomy for (fleet) to a carcinoma. ...

?Availing Carcinoma?
Jan 17, 2010

I am stuck on this, no hints, patient with history of "availing carcinoma."  Help! ...

HELP!! Foyato Carcinoma?
Jul 12, 2010

Dictation starts off as: DISCHARGE SUMMARY PROBLEM LIST 1. Metastatic ovarian cancer with ascites. 2. Gait disturbance. 3. Status-post thyroidectomy. 4. The fourth one is the one I can not understand. It is extremely jumbled and sounds like he is saying foyatoo carcinoma. I am so completely stumped. Any suggestions??? ...

Varicose Carcinoma?
Aug 09, 2010

Hi, I have a report here with vulvar cancer.  He is doing a radical vulvectomy for what sounds like varicose carcinoma, but I can't find a reference to that anywhere, has anyone heard of that? Thanks! ...

Carcinoma Of The Pinna
Sep 22, 2010

I can't figure out the word that is flagged.  It seems to start with a "p" and maybe "pr" and seems to end in -ular.  Possibly 2 words ___ regular or 1 word ending in __gular? OPERATIVE FINDINGS (___regular) area measuring 1-2 cm in triangular fossa on lateral surface of superior right pinna.  This was site of prior biopsy showing invasive squamous cell carcinoma.  Thanks in advance! ...

Type Of Carcinoma?
Jul 13, 2011

It sounds familar, but stuck!  Dr. says "revealed the presence of what appeared to be a non-small cell lung cancer, fragrans squamous cell."  The word in question is "fragrans" ??? Any suggestions appreciated! ...

2B SNR Cell Carcinoma
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Myovilleal Carcinoma
Mar 06, 2012

in the diagnosis the doc says what sounds like myovilleal carcinoma involving the left upper lobe of the lung. Does anyone know what this is?  His English is heavily Asian accented, so I'm not sure what consonants he's saying. Or vowels either for that matter! Any help greatly appreciated.   ...

2 Mm S/l Focus Of Papillary Carcinoma
Feb 02, 2010

not sure if it is "focus"   Thanks ...

Non-small-call Carcinoma
Dec 21, 2011

CT-guided needle boiopsy was positive for non-small-cell carcinoma "with favored squame." I'm not real sure if he is saying "with" or maybe "of" or maybe not saying anything before he says the "favored squame" part.  My guess is he's abbreviating squame for squamous but haven't been able to document this wording.  thanks.  ...

Thyroidectory For S/l Frot Throat Carcinoma
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List 3. Status post throidectomy for s/l frot or fore throat carcinoma.     ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Description
Nov 05, 2009

a small, raised lesion that actually appears to be a basal cell carcinoma.  It is in the vermilion border.  It is associated with some dimpling in the center and has the rather typical pearly appearance with two injected vessels.- does anyone have a guess as to what sounds like "two injected vessels might be.?  This lesion is on her lip.  ...

Pt With S/l Miss Awe Kaw Stage IIA Thymic Carcinoma.
Dec 06, 2011

? ...

S/l BOXA/boxel/voxel??? Plus Study Drug For Ovarian Carcinoma
Dec 15, 2009

thanks ...

Breast
Apr 06, 2011

The entire right breast is markedly indurated S/L POLE LERANGE?  There is positive right axillary adenopathy.    any help would be great!  Thanks! ...

Breast MRI
Jan 22, 2012

"A small amount of fluid is present at this site consistent with postbiopsy heam." It is pronounced very clearly.  Google seems to think it should be "haem", short for "haematoma" or "haemotology".  Anyone else heard of this?  ...

Breast Aug, Some More!
Dec 10, 2013

Once the vertical limb was completely closed, measurement is taken from the inframammary crease mark which is 1 cm below the *nader* of the incision up to the lower limbus of the nipple areolar complex.   ...