A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Punctuation? A 15- and 11-month-old girl... - SH

Posted: Oct 29, 2012

Dictated: A 15-1/2-year-old bone age in a 15- and 11-month-old girl.

How would you transcribe? Maybe:

15-year- and 11-month-old girl?

15-year-and-11-month-old girl?

Undecided

(Not a 100% verbatim account.)

BOS 3rd Ed. p. 237 says... - llr

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be transcribed as:

15-year 11-month-old girl

Thank you... - SH

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome, you are right, thank you so much! And thank you for being kind enough to include the page number. (:

Similar Messages:

This 6-month-old Girl Is Being Followed For Possible Hip *dyscruzia*. Recent X-rays ...............
Dec 30, 2012

are reported as being normal. (It doesn't sound like *dysplasia*.  No other information given in note). ...

A 3-month And 1-week Followup? Punctuation Help?
Jul 11, 2012

The patient is here for a 3-month and 1-week followup visit. I'm scratching my head here. How to punctuate that? A 3-month-and-1-week followup visit? Seems like way too many hyphens to me....   ...

Anyone Get MModals Employee Of The Month This Month?
Feb 22, 2013

Saw they posted the new list. anyone get it? ...

Constipated Little Girl
Feb 02, 2012

Hi a little girl with constipation and bowel movement problems. The doc says "Abdominal pain and excessive s/l bulbericni/pulperikni Please help. ...

Re: 13-year-old Girl Patient S/l Tebarche
Sep 02, 2012

The doctor is doing a consult on a 13-year-old girl.  She says: "Tebarche and thelarche was also this year, up to 10 or stage 4 by description."   thanks!     ...

Lutz Transcription? Girl's NameĀ ***** Are Familiar
Nov 30, 2010

For some reason, the girl's nameĀ ***** are familiar to me - nonpayer? ...

3-month Versus 3 Month
May 13, 2014

Which is correct:  "The patient is here for a 3-month followup visit."  or  "The patient is here for a 3 month followup visit."   I was always told in this instance that it is without the hyphen becuase putting the hyphen in it will mean that the visit is 3 months long versus a visit at 3 months' time.   Which is the correct way to do this?  I got a correction back on a file and I was pretty sure I had it right.   ...

Punctuation Help, Please?
Nov 23, 2009

How would this be punctuated?   Her knee is stable to varus valgus anterior posterior stresses. ...

Punctuation: As Above
Feb 16, 2010

I am transcribing a H & P - under review of systems I have: She has had some headaches, as above.  Question: Is there suppose to be a comma after headaches to separate as above as it is not necessary to the sentence?   BOS does not give a speciific answer for this. ...

Punctuation HELP!!
Mar 16, 2010

Can anyone help me with the punctuation in this sentence? I've added 2 commas but I don't think they are correct.... I'm thinking a semicolon or colon somewhere? CT scan of the head was negative, of the chest, the findings included mediastinal hematoma with displacement of the esophagus and stomach.   Thanks in advance!!! ...

Punctuation Help! Please!
Mar 20, 2010

How to punctuate this? Would you use a semicolon after hypertension? History of hypertension, on treatment with Dyazide daily, repeated bladder infections, appendectomy, 3 D&Cs, tonsillectomy, history of yellow jaundice as a child.   ...

Punctuation Help?
Jul 27, 2010

Is this right? She also had somatosensory evoked potential, which showed abnormal bilateral tibials. Somatosensory evoked potentials in both the normal position and "budda position". Slowing of the central conduction is worse in the left than the right. ...

More Punctuation Help
Aug 05, 2010

Is the punctuation in this paragraph correct? I am mainly concerned with the sentence concerning the spine. Thanks! Slowing of the central conduction is worse in the left than the right, but abnormalities are bilateral. She had an MRI of her spine; C-spine;T-spine; and L-spine. All of which showed no problems after her surgery except for post operative changes. ...

Help With Punctuation...please. TIA.
Dec 30, 2010

She denies partner change, although, when queried further she states that since her STD check, which was done in August, she actually has had one partner with use of a condom.   I also thought of putting a semicolon before although...? I am really stuck on this...and I want to put a comma after further because I feel it is more introductory, but QA does not like commas.   Does that look right? I swear, with the way QA is at my company, I feel like I don't even know how to wr ...

Need Punctuation Help, Please.
Jan 06, 2011

How would you punctuate this?  I do think that the combination of discontinuation of splinting and initiating some therapy, in particular, home therapy, will help substantially with this stiffness.  THX!   ...

Punctuation Help...PLEASE!
Aug 20, 2011

Please note that the punctuation help I need IS NOT FOR A COURSE TEST! I am at my wits-end trying to punctuate the following two paragraphs. I hope a few of you more knowledgeable MTs can show me the correct way to punctuate the following paragraphs: The patient is a 98-year-old Caucasian female who is hard of hearing, with visual impediments, with a known history of coronary artery disease; history of congestive heart failure and vasovagal syncope; with a history of lumbar stenosis, lumba ...

Punctuation Help!
Sep 29, 2011

This doctor is testing proverbs on this patient. He does a lot of I said, he said stuff. I'm not sure how exactly to punctuate this. How would you do it? The comma placement is what is bugging me the most.   However, when I said "you can lead a horse to water", he said "you cannot force someone to do something", and when I said "you should not cry over spilled milk", he said "do not be so sensitive." ...

However Punctuation
Apr 18, 2012

How do you punctuate "however" when docs and nurses dictate it more like a subordinating conjunction rather than a conjunctive adverb?  In other words, they use "however" the same way one would use "yet."  An example:  The patient no-showed his last 3 appointments however showed up for this one.  (I purposely left the punctuation out.) I know how to punctuate it if the sentence reads:  "The patient no-showed his last 3 appointments; however, he showed up for this one." ...

What's Up With No More Punctuation With MM ASR?
Jul 06, 2013

I am getting report after report with virtually no punctuation unless the doctor dictates the punctuation. I had the same situation yesterday, and my line count was so low - even below 100 at times. Punctating all the PMH, medications, et cetera is ridiculous. ...

MT Punctuation
Apr 20, 2014

Does anyone know why punctuation became such an issue in the MT world?  Does anyone remember back in the day (not too long ago) when we were all pretty much trusted to insert our own punctuation?  I worked QA in-house and I didn't even worry a bit about punctuation.  I mean, had an MT typed a long list with no punctuation I am sure I would have caught that, but we didn't even bother with worrying about that, because the MTs knew how to punctuate.  Then, when I start ...

ASR With No Punctuation..-sm
Jan 15, 2015

Granted most of my work these days are partial dictations, so very short, but lately there are some with absolutely no punctuation.  Its all one big run-on sentence. Also a lot of times with no caps on obvious things like the months of the year. ...

Grammar/punctuation Help
Nov 02, 2009

She saw Dr. ___, who she tells me is at the UCLA Medical Center, who told her that she had a "borderline blood test on her nerves," and that she should see a neurologist.     that is typed as the dr. says.. but i feel like I should break it up somehow, or that he has almost two quotations, but only does one?   tia :) ...

Punctuation Problem
Nov 09, 2009

sentence: . . . man who describes burning low back pain . . . should it be burning, low-back pain  OR burning, low, back pain. I am thinking low-back is a compound adjective and should be hypenated as in the first example, but am not sure. The second example just looks funny to me. (lol) ...

Punctuation Help Is This Correct?
Dec 09, 2009

The patient is now about 1 week postoperative arthroscopy and debridement of the right knee for a posterior horn tear of the medial meniscus, medial extensor plica, and synovial calcinosis.   tia ...

Punctuation Help In Sentence
Dec 11, 2009

I hope I posted this in the right place.  If not, my sincerest apologies. I'm curious - how many of you put a comma after the phrase "At this time", i.e. At this time, the patient was discharged to home, as opposed to At this time the patient was discharged to home. I used to know all of this stuff but it's been 34 years since I graduated high school.  LOL.  I had some great English teachers but the memory fades with age......  :-) Thanks in advance!  Have a ...

Punctuation Confusion
Jan 27, 2010

HEAD CT IMPRESSION Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule, probably represent old white matter infarcts.  (Should there be a comma after capsule or not?  It makes sense with or without the comma)  ...

The Word Although And Punctuation
Feb 04, 2010

I've always been confused with although. Would you use a semicolon with it?   indeed she is a candidate for botulinum toxin for her cervical dystonia, although the Botox therapy ...

Word Help And Punctuation Help Please.....
Jul 02, 2010

CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGE, COMA NONDOMINANT, HEMIPLEGIA, AND s/l *HYDROCEPH* COMMUNICATING HYDROCEPHALUS. Is the punctuation correct. Is coma considered an abbreviation? Thanks so much.. ...

Punctuation Help. Please See Message.
Jun 08, 2010

Is the punctuation correct in this sentence:  The patient is a 30-year-old, never married, unemployed white male. I'm wondering if there should be a comma between unemployed and white.  Thanks! ...

Who Uses Two Spaces After Punctuation Other Than Me?
Sep 07, 2010

I was reading and found it is okay to use one space after punctuation.  This is going to be a hard habit to break.  I am old school and was taught to use two spaces after punctuation in typing class.   Thanks for any comments.   Mel ...