A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient with shoulder pain - please sm

Posted: Sep 14, 2011

There is no evidence of significant rotator cuff tear and she has normal appearing s/l **slant sign**  of the shoulder on her radiographs, I believe that she would be a candidate for a total shoulder rather than a reverse total shoulder.  

slant sign - ldedmon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is the pt positioned in a slanted positioned, such as head-down Trendelenburg?

Oops - ldedmon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, wrong answer for your question.

Sulcus sign, maybe? - Could he be saying it fast?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just an idea.

Similar Messages:

Patient With Back, Neck And Shoulder Pain. Negative
Mar 15, 2011

x ...

Help! Patient With Bilateral Shoulder Pain With Injections In The Past, Sm
Aug 21, 2012

In diagnosis, doc is saying Shoulder s/l row lay, follow orthopedics.  Thanks so much! ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

Right Shoulder Pain
Nov 12, 2011

He is nontender over the s/l (bony girdle) s/l (above) the clavicle and the scapula.  He is nontender at the elbow and wrist. He has good s/l (dorsalis) or s/l (radial) pulses and the sensation and grip strength is equal. ...

Shoulder Pain, Please Help
Apr 27, 2012

An old and chronic problem I have when doing MT work is that my right shoulder aches after just a shor time at the keyboard.  (I am left-handed).  It seems the constant mouse movement irritate it a lot.  I am now doing VRE type work and boy has it made it worse.  I know my right side is probably weaker than my left and I can work on strengthening it somehow but I wondered if anyone has any ideas for this? I do not like being in pain.  I've thought about a new chair ...

Shoulder Exam - Patient Has A Negative S/l Lamitz Sign
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Shoulder Pain S/l "emptysitis" Versus Bursitis
Apr 16, 2010

Nontender bicipital tendon.  Nontender acromioclavicular joint.  Nontender over the trapezius.  A:  Likely emptisytis of the supraspinatus tendon versus possible bursitis.  ...

Patient With Elbow Pain
Sep 21, 2011

Patient had ultrasound, s/l TFM, iontophoresis, exercises for range of motion, strength of the left shoulder, elbow and gripping as well as a trial of H-wave stimulation. ...

Patient With Low Back Pain
Feb 02, 2012

She has 5/5 strength throughout the bilateral lower extremities with hip flexion, knee flexion and extension, ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion as well as extension of the hallux. Sensation is intact to light touch throughout except over the anterior aspect of her shin. She has a symmetrical 2+ Achilles and patellar reflexes. She has no evidence of clonus. She has a questionable s/l ** men-i-ski  reflex. She has palpable DP and PT pulses. Thanks for any help!!  :) ...

Patient With L Wrist Pain
Mar 12, 2015

Patient has undergone previous fractures and underwent distal ulnar excision ____ procedure with pinning of the distal ulna to the radius. ...

Patient Has Leg Pain; They Want Him To Be In The S/l Dionne Study/Deon? Dee-awn
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Patient With Hip Pain, Post Op For Back Surgeries
Jan 17, 2013

"Pictures of hip were performed and brought in by the patient. They were read as normal, but on my review there is an ***** cyst "(sounds like asitaviner!) any ideas? ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Patient Has Colicky Abdominal Pain. Doc Tried To Ellcit S/l Heel Strike Sign? Help!
Apr 03, 2012

.. ...

ESL Dr States "Patient Refers Pain," But Clearly Means Reports. Leave It Or Change It?
Feb 20, 2015

For ESL doctors, account specifics direct me to change word if it is the wrong word, but leave it if its simply awkwardly stated. Dr states "Patient refers pain in upper abdomen," but clearly means reports pain. Do I leave it or change it? ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

MRI Of Shoulder
Jan 16, 2011

On MRI, he had a massive tear of the supraspinatus superior half of the iinfraspinatus. He also had an s/l osto-chrom-e-ali.   Thanks!! ...

MRI Of The Shoulder
Jul 26, 2011

The patient had a shoulder MRI.  The doctor say: No obvious-appearing instability or injury to the coracoclavicular or ---s/l clochoclavicular---- ligaments on the MRI.    Thanks. ...

Shoulder Mri
Dec 26, 2012

...lateral down-sloping acromion with possible  ?CYPHER/SITE FOR impingement.  ...

Shoulder
Apr 08, 2013

Doc is talking about pts shoulder and says:  She had a normal (s/l Mieres), Hawkins, and Jobes tests.  Can someone give me the correct spelling of Mieres?  Thx CM ...

Shoulder GH ROM 70,60,30 Or 70/60/30?
Sep 12, 2013

I'm not sure which way to format ROM. ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Shoulder Histo
Dec 10, 2009

Ortho doc is dictating PSH and he's stating the patient had a right shoulder histo.  Any idea what histo means? Thanks so much in advance.  Hope you're having a good night! ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Shoulder Xray
Mar 30, 2010

Radiographs show good position in his s/l sep-i-ca tunnels.  ...

Shoulder Arthroscopy - Sm
Oct 17, 2010

This is what she says:  INSTRUMENTS USED:  A Stryker 5.0 BioZip anchor with a #2 Force Fiber x2, and a PEEK SSS nutless disposable Relix STT 5.5-mm anchor x2.   I cannot verify the "PEEK SSS nutless disposable relix STT" is correct.  Any help is much appreciated!  ...